PDA

View Full Version : Overtime

Shaun
26-06-2006, 12:05 AM
A quote from Pete in another topic got me thinking

don't forget the "please play one more" when it's time to pack up

Do you often give them "one or two more" for free or do you only go longer if they book you for the extended time?

How strict are you all with your finish time?

BeerFunk
26-06-2006, 12:19 AM
TBH, if you refuse one or two more songs at the end without extra payment, it's a bit sad! I am always happy to, but the bar staff are not! (understandably though)

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Never, ever do one more.

There's no such thing, 'cos people want one more and one more etc.

Not only that, but the people in the venue you are working have to pack away and clear up, and if you make their night longer, you might not be very welcome back there.

BeerFunk
26-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Never, ever do one more.

There's no such thing, 'cos people want one more and one more etc.

Not only that, but the people in the venue you are working have to pack away and clear up, and if you make their night longer, you might not be very welcome back there.

Yes, and in some cases the venue/bar staff are paid up until a certain time only. However, they do sometimes forget that you have to pack down and clear out, not before talking to the (now drunk) punters at the end of the night

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Yes, and in some cases the venue/bar staff are paid up until a certain time only. However, they do sometimes forget that you have to pack down and clear out, not before talking to the (now drunk) punters at the end of the night

Yeah, and if you play 'one' more song this process will take even longer...

BeerFunk
26-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Yes, but then I only do it with the agreement of the staff

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Yes, but then I only do it with the agreement of the staff

But you're so much younger then me :teeth:

I just wanna get home at the end of the night!

BeerFunk
26-06-2006, 12:39 AM
:teeth: Point taken!

Corabar Entertainment
26-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Laurence did over half an hour extra last night for nothing (it was in a marquee on private property). He said they were such a great crowd and he was enjoying himself so much as well that he wanted to.

In fact, most of our DJs often do a little bit extra (not often half an hour extra though) - but always depending on how the venue feel about it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 01:01 AM
In fact, most of our DJs often do a little bit extra (not often half an hour extra though) - but always depending on how the venue feel about it.

PAH!

Work for free? :teeth:

(Yes, I know you didn't say that!)

Corabar Entertainment
26-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I was talking about for free though..... 'a little bit extra' is totally at their own discretion: if the punter wants to actually extend the booking by half an hour or an hour, then of course we charge! :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 01:07 AM
I was talking about for free though..... 'a little bit extra' is totally at their own discretion: if the punter wants to actually extend the booking by half an hour or an hour, then of course we charge! :omg:

Free?

Explain please :teeth:

Corabar Entertainment
26-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Tight-wad :omg: :) :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-06-2006, 01:23 AM
Tight-wad :omg: :) :omg:

Professsional.

soundtracker
26-06-2006, 07:35 AM
I use the old "false ending" trick.so they think they're getting someting extra , but still finish at 12.00. If the venue doesn't mind I sometimes have a bit of "injury time"

Alex - Cream Ents
26-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I play it by ear, if I think it's going to be "one more"....I use the same trick as Soundtracker. Other than that just unplug the speakers first and then "I'm sorry, it's all turned off!"