PDA

View Full Version : Ipad

yourdj
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know if you can use these to DJ with?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/02/ipad.jpg

I would be running Itch.

cheers :)

Vectis
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
iPad runs the iPhone OS.

If there's a DJ'in app for the iPhone, it'll run on the iPad.

In due course there'll be iPad-specific apps built, but within the same limitations as the iPhone, so don't hold your breath... :o

yourdj
01-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Thought so.

Just thought a dedicated device like that would be handy.

specially with touch screen etc.

Vectis
01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
Thought so.

Just thought a dedicated device like that would be handy.

specially with touch screen etc.

Use an eeeTop - I have one for Daslight and it's the dogs; it really is something else! I have OTS Turntables installed as a backup and it's really cool being able to click the buttons and spin the platters by finger.

Probably not man enough for a "heavy" app being Atom-based, and of course the cacky OS that comes with it :o

yourdj
02-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Use an eeeTop - I have one for Daslight and it's the dogs; it really is something else! I have OTS Turntables installed as a backup and it's really cool being able to click the buttons and spin the platters by finger.

Probably not man enough for a "heavy" app being Atom-based, and of course the cacky OS that comes with it :o

any pics? Knowing you it looks and is excellent!

my idea was to put the tablet where the mac is on this photo. Im getting fed up with idiots falling on my screen.

Having everything on a touchscreen would be a fantastic tool and really set you apart from the rest!
Can you get a program the effectively replaces all of this below yet? If not then someone needs to invent one

I need to spend my money on something as it will all go to the tax man :o

Alex
02-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Check out this :

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/04/01/dual-booting-mac-os-x-on-ipad/

You can dual boot the original mac software on the Ipad :) Might be on interest for ya..

--------------------------

Ignore... it was an aprils fools day article! Grrrrrrrr! Sorry

---------------------------

yourdj
02-04-2010, 01:04 AM
dont suppose you read the tags. seems a bit fishy.

Tags: april fools, AprilFools, contra, dual boot, DualBoot, ipad, Mac OS X, MacOsX

MagicMusic
02-04-2010, 08:41 AM
I know it was an april fool but you're not far off the mark Tony.

Products like THIS (http://www.jazzmutant.com/lemur_overview.php) are increasing in popularity and there is a way to turn your conventional macbook into a touch screen. I can't find the link just now, I think it was advertised in one of my audio mag's. It only worked with the old 13inch versions but I think as designs improve it will be the way forward for a lot of people.

Vectis
02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
any pics?

Just these (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19724) when I originally set up Daslight.

If I get chance this afternoon I'll take some fresh ones now that I've got all my lighting (and starcloths, hazer etc.) on there and maybe Turntables too if you're lucky :)

Jiggles
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Just these (http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19724) when I originally set up Daslight.

If I get chance this afternoon I'll take some fresh ones now that I've got all my lighting (and starcloths, hazer etc.) on there and maybe Turntables too if you're lucky :)

What USB dongle do you use again, Martin?

Vectis
02-04-2010, 12:05 PM
What USB dongle do you use again, Martin?

Daslight DVC2

Vectis
02-04-2010, 09:22 PM
As promised, a few pics of the eeeTop comfortably running OTS Turntables (OK so not a heavyweight contender but it does work beautifully) and some newer pics of my Daslight touch-screen setup.

Middle pic is with no lights active, bottom is with a handful of effects running. I have all of my DMX'able devices on there even though tonight I only used about 5 or 6 if you count the hazer. I do swap and change according to the event & venue so having them all on the screen all the time helps with learning where the buttons are!

Even now I still smile when I use it. It's fab.
:beer1:

sleah
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
What's quite strange, is that the tablet PC has been and gone:(

I always fancied the idea of one for DJing, but was never in a position to afford one.

The iPad could be seen as Apple once again re-inventing something and pretending they invented it, but not quite hitting the mark.
At the moment the iPad is neither one thing or another, it will be interesting to see how it develops.

Potentially the iPad has potential, shame Apple refuse to acknowledge the existence of Flash:confused:

Vectis
03-04-2010, 11:47 AM
shame Apple refuse to acknowledge the existence of Flash:confused:

Flash is dead. Long live HTML5 :)

wensleydale
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
As promised, a few pics of the eeeTop comfortably running OTS Turntables (OK so not a heavyweight contender but it does work beautifully) and some newer pics of my Daslight touch-screen setup.

Middle pic is with no lights active, bottom is with a handful of effects running. I have all of my DMX'able devices on there even though tonight I only used about 5 or 6 if you count the hazer. I do swap and change according to the event & venue so having them all on the screen all the time helps with learning where the buttons are!

Even now I still smile when I use it. It's fab.
:beer1:

That setup on Daslight looks great- out of interest how long did it take you to program that as shown on the screen?

Vectis
03-04-2010, 12:16 PM
That setup on Daslight looks great- out of interest how long did it take you to program that as shown on the screen?

Seriously no more than a few hours.

I did most of the pre-work at home without most of the fixtures, then for all the fine-tuning I arrived very early for a gig in a community centre (with the host's permission) and spent about an hour or so positioning and fine-tuning. In return he got a Close Adventures lightshow that night :)

Since then I've added the starcloth and hazer, both configured from the manual only.

yourdj
03-04-2010, 01:37 PM
im looking for a wireless dmx set up with touch screen and for the price those are pretty cheap. basically a device which i can set up next to my gear that only has to be plugged in to a charger and thats it. I may hold out until apple come up with an I-pad that is the equivalent of my macbook.

if they can do it with the macbook air then they can with that?

the I-pad could be a flop? People cope fine with the phones and its far more portable.
The bigger size is the only advantage in my eyes. possibly more features too.

I don't see the point of it personally but i will have to get one in my hands before making that judgement.