PDA

View Full Version : "Need any help"

Shaun
26-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Those of you that work alone:

When you're offered help from punters during the 'tear-down' or loading......do you accept the offer of help?

BeerFunk
26-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Not if they're either drunk, or wearing a black & white striped jumper.. :D

There's not a lot they can do normally anyway, apart from carrying stuff, so I normally just tell them they're alright, and thank them

Shaun
26-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Personally i won't accept help mainly because of liabilty and safety issues. Also, I know where everything goes and in what order, by accepting help it would actually take me longer in the long run.

Shaun
26-06-2006, 11:28 AM
or wearing a black & white striped jumper.. :D

Took me a minute or so to 'click'. My heads working soooo slow today :)

Alex - Cream Ents
26-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Not that I get offers very often (trying to remember the last time) I would usually say no unless its staff at a regular venue who I know and trust. You never know when something can go wrong, also things go in a particular order or it all goes pear shaped at the other end!

Paul James Promotions
26-06-2006, 11:34 AM
It's not worth the risk of both damage and injury.

Corabar Entertainment
26-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Never - it's an insurance liability disaster waiting to happen!

Corabar Steve
26-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Never - it's an insurance liability disaster waiting to happen!
Usually tell them that it would void our PLI & they tend to accept that.

Apart from the fact that I know how it all fis into my van & it has to come out in the correct order to do so without being left sitting on the pavement.

If they still realy want to help I sometimes get them to mind the van so I can at least leave the doors open.

Creature
28-06-2006, 06:25 AM
I rarely work alone these days since ive Bi-amped - but I always thank them profusely but always politely refuse