PDA

View Full Version : A simple excel sheet req'd please

Spirits High
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Now I'm getting alot better with with pc's, websites and such like but still need to master excel :D

What I'm after is a simple spreadsheet that I can enter in vehicle journeys, date, destination and mileage and where it will add it all up at the same time as typeing it in if you get what I mean.

Any one able to help?

WWDJ
04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Sounds simple =SUM is your friend. TIP: put the =SUM at the top of the column rather than the bottom and then you can just put a big range e.g.
A3:A1000. i find this easier than to keep having insert row / change formulas each time

do you want it to accumulate months / years together for analytical purposes? in which case a pivot chart might be in order to do this for you.

If you want a template i'm sure i can find time.

Penfold42
04-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Excel will this - you just need to wake it up and tell it what to do. :)

I.E - If box a is 'x' then add a to f to give you 'z' :)

Charlie Brown
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm doing the same Paul....just printed off a couple of hundred iTunes receipts.

:eek:

Spirits High
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Sounds simple =SUM is your friend. TIP: put the =SUM at the top of the column rather than the bottom and then you can just put a big range e.g.
A3:A1000. i find this easier than to keep having insert row / change formulas each time

do you want it to accumulate months / years together for analytical purposes? in which case a pivot chart might be in order to do this for you.

If you want a template i'm sure i can find time.

I'd like to have one month per sheet then have it total it all up for the year. If you can knock me one up that'll be great. As I've played around and made the date appear in 3 columns :eek: :eek:

Excel will this - you just need to wake it up and tell it what to do. :)

I.E - If box a is 'x' then add a to f to give you 'z' :)

Whilst I realise I need to tell it what to do it needs to be in a language I understand :p :p ;)

DJ INDIE
07-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Paul,

you can do this in a few easy steps.

1.RENAME the pages at the bottom of the sheet - for this example we'll pretend theyre called:
JANUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH
TOTALS

2.to get a cell to replicate (lets say cell C1 in the sheet January, on the totals page simply type:

='JANUARY'!C1

and that total should appear

run the same formula in different cells for FEB, MARCH etc etc

then at the bottom of the page do a total - ie =SUM(C1:F1)

OR to be more discrete - do exactly as above, then add another sheet FINAL TOTALS (for example) and just copy the Total cell into that page.

if you need any help, just give me a shout

cheers

Big Mix Mobile Disco
10-04-2010, 01:53 AM
You could also use sheet calculations which means you would simply have the total for the year appear on one page rather than loads of prior months totals as well.

Maybe this would be too confusing but if you like I can help ... pm me.

Darren