PDA

View Full Version : views on CD-R's????

dj andy allwood
27-06-2006, 07:01 AM
just interested to know what peoples views are on CD-R's, should all cd decks play them, i played at a bar where it would only play the first 10 tracks from a CD-R strange but true maybe thats why it is a KFC now :teeth:

Creature
28-06-2006, 06:18 AM
I brought numark protable setup ( 2 cds and mixer in a carry case) and it refuses point blank to play cdrs - so it sits in the room collecting dust. - in fact it wouldnt even read original cds to start with - had to get teh supplier to send new decks out under warrenty.

they state that the voltages at the laser have been turned down to stop them reading cdrs

Mayhem 1
28-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Greetings All,

I enquired about this problems with a well known company and got the response that it is all to do with the colour of the discs themselves!!! aparantley some cd players do not recognise the coloured discs!!??

I am not sure if it was a cop out because they did not really know or can somebody with "technology up bringing" confirm this.

regards all

Mayhem 1

Fresh
28-06-2006, 08:00 AM
you can get silver faced CDR now, gone are the days of only coloured faces.

CRAZY K
28-06-2006, 08:09 AM
I buy the cheapest possible CDRs to produce free publicity material and I have recently used Orange Coloured discs--they play on every CD device I have---Walkmans, Boom Box, Computers, Car Stereo etc.

I suggest someone is talking the proverbial-------unless you know otherwise :teeth:

CRAZY K

BeerFunk
29-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I brought numark protable setup ( 2 cds and mixer in a carry case) and it refuses point blank to play cdrs - so it sits in the room collecting dust. - in fact it wouldnt even read original cds to start with - had to get teh supplier to send new decks out under warrenty.

they state that the voltages at the laser have been turned down to stop them reading cdrs
Strange marketing there from Numark - I couldn't imagine why they would give a monkeys about people using illegal discs in their players - so long as they keep selling the decks! You will find that there are plenty of legit discs out there which have been poorly manufactured, and won't play in many CD players - so I doubt they would play in yours either?

soundlad
29-06-2006, 09:00 AM
They tend to take a lot longer to load aswell but i have had problem with playing them so far. DON'T USE CDRW'S WASTE OF TIME WON'T LOAD!

BeerFunk
29-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Of course, no-one here uses CD-Rs* anyway, now, do we?? ;)

*CD-Rs prohibited from use, unless the appropriate copyrights and licences are obtained (where applicable)

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Of course, no-one here uses CD-Rs* anyway, now, do we?? ;)

*CD-Rs prohibited from use, unless the appropriate copyrights and licences are obtained (where applicable)

And if you buy legal downloads, and have the correct permissions, then you generally can burn them onto CDRs and use them legally. :)

Corabar Entertainment
29-06-2006, 01:03 PM
And if you buy legal downloads, and have the correct permissions, then you generally can burn them onto CDRs and use them legally. :)
As we do on a regular basis. No rules broken there!

Corabar Steve
29-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Ner! :teeth:

ian8limelight
29-06-2006, 03:59 PM
The only CDR's I've ever had a problem with are TDK's.

Have a disco
29-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Use to use the Black backed ones till they were no longer produced as to stop anyone copying my discs if stolen

got propa permission from promo companies to burn the tracks onto CDR's, but am sorely awaiting DJ Digital licence to be finalised need to make some more copies of some old stuff without wasting time buying new again

If it means I have to break the law by backing up tracks onto Hard drive or just dvd discs the I shall do till it is finalised