PDA

View Full Version : iTunes on Windows 7?

Danno13
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Just put on iTunes back on my new PC (running Windows 7 Pro)

I always used to download in iTunes format and just right click to select the convert to Mp3 option, however this option doesn't seem to be avaliable anywhere? I've tried the help files etc. but still none the wiser.

Can't find my spool of blank CDs either and need these tracks for tonights Wedding :bang:

Anyone have any ideas?

Danno13
08-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Never mind, found it on the advanced menu.. seems they're trying to make it more difficult to ditch their own stupid formats.

MagicMusic
08-04-2010, 05:13 PM
If you select mp3 as the import format for when ripping cd's, the right click option will be mp3.

Danno13
08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Yep, I tried that but it doesn't bring it up as a right click option.

DJMaxG
18-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Too late for the wedding now, but :

ITunes files (purchased from the online store) are 256k and a standard MP3 tends to be 320k, so it is obviously not possible to upconvert. Although, I'd imagen you could have a 256k MP3.

In the configuration settings, you can specify what filetype you wish to use. (Yep, just read your post)

I don't like ITunes because it is possible to loose all your tags, It won't recognise tags created by songs ripped by 3rd party software such as WMP. It will basically only read tags created by it - so, no good if you have ripped a bulk of your CD collection elsewhere.

By updating a field, you can also loose everything if you're not careful.

I don't like the software, but do use it for ripping at the moment, and tag everything manually (twice - once for WAV and secondly for MP3)