PDA

View Full Version : Pulse Eco 56

mhproductions
09-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Looking for a cheap and good quality DMX led Par 56.

Came across Pulse Eco 56. Any Good?

Danno13
09-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Not used these myself, but they've had good reviews elsewhere. Can't really go wrong for the price, so try a couple and see how you get on.

mhproductions
09-04-2010, 10:34 PM
I've heard that the green LED's are No good. Will these cans be alright for a
continuous White wash?

Penfold42
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi - please take a few moments to read this -

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711

Thanks. :)

Danno13
09-04-2010, 10:49 PM
No LED cans are good for a white wash really, unless they have pure white LEDs in them, which none of the budget ones do. Best off with some conventional Pars.

OllieJames
10-04-2010, 07:45 AM
I use the pulse pars. They're actually quite bright, but aren't sound to light, they have to be dmx controlled.

Disco Therapy
13-05-2010, 08:16 AM
I use the pulse pars. They're actually quite bright, but aren't sound to light, they have to be dmx controlled.

I bought some of these, but I was thinking about switching to colourbursts, they're a bit more discrete.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-05-2010, 12:09 PM
No LED cans are good for a white wash really, unless they have pure white LEDs in them

I do believe I read that someone has bought these out recently? I remember they were around £70 but can't remember the make.

Disco Leisure UK
14-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Looking for a cheap and good quality DMX led Par 56.

Came across Pulse Eco 56. Any Good?

We use these at the moment, we bought 6 in a box for £200, they are not bad at all for the price, not tried them on DMX yet only sound to light.

Disco Leisure UK
14-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I've heard that the green LED's are No good. Will these cans be alright for a
continuous White wash?

Nope! the green LED's are good along with red and blue and pretty bright too.

OllieJames
14-05-2010, 10:15 PM
We use these at the moment, we bought 6 in a box for £200, they are not bad at all for the price, not tried them on DMX yet only sound to light.

They don't have sound to light do they? :confused:

Disco Leisure UK
03-06-2010, 04:36 PM
They don't have sound to light do they? :confused:

Yeah, they have sound to light - internal mic

Spirits High
03-06-2010, 04:52 PM
While we're on this subject of Pulse cans.

How do folks control them?

By that before I get a sarcastic comment I mean colour change wise not whebn they become a bit rowdy :p :p :D

DMX controller or one of the more simple type like a Lil mix (although you can't use a lil mix as it's a 4 ch controller)

OllieJames
03-06-2010, 04:54 PM

By that before I get a sarcastic comment I mean colour change wise not whebn they become a bit rowdy :p :p :D

DMX controller or one of the more simple type like a Lil mix (although you can't use a lil mix as it's a 4 ch controller)

I find a bit of pepper spray always works... :coat:

:D

I control mine via ShowXpress on a laptop.

Disco Leisure UK
07-06-2010, 01:02 AM

DMX controller, not used DMX at moment but they have the XLR connectors (in and out), also they have the dip switches (function 1-4) & (pattern 1-10)

UltraBeat Entertainment
07-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I have 6 of these units and at least 3 units have had problems with the green LED's and have been replaced by supplier.

If you can get them with good LED's they are a good budget Par.

Larry B Entertainment
09-06-2010, 01:17 PM

I use a Stageline scenesetter 24 for my cans. I use channels 1 - 12 to control them and channels 13 - 24 to run chases and scenes.
I use the Eco 56's in 3 Channel Mode.

Chris Beesley
20-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I have 6 of these units and at least 3 units have had problems with the green LED's and have been replaced by supplier.

If you can get them with good LED's they are a good budget Par.
The green LEDs were a batch issue - we now have stocks of replacement boards complete with LEDs for anybody who has had this issue.

Guys - as a for control - the Pulse pars will operate in 3CH or 5CH mode. If you use them in 3CH (straight RGB) then the Elation LED Operator is a handy unit.