PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Broadband

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Is anyone else suffering any kind of dropout of connection failure?

It's been happening for a few months now but only it seems after about 10pm. It happens every minute or so but only for around 10 seconds. Very annoying.

I have emailed Virgin, but was wondering if anyone else was having issues?

rob1963
20-04-2010, 10:37 PM
I'vr had a few problems with Virgin media's broadband, but nothing for a fair few months (touch wood).

SC Events
20-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Yes I have Darren.

We have had numerous amounts of 'Engineers' come to the house to try and fix the internet, but I was completely off in the whole area last night.

The told us that when they upgraded our area to make 50mb Broadband available they boogered up the lower broadband services like mine which is 20mb.

Charlie Brown
20-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes...We have problems all the time at Dad's.

No problem with Sky's.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-04-2010, 11:05 PM
No problem with Sky's.

That's what I am using at the moment. (My back up BB!!)

Charlie Brown
20-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Offft that's posh.

Backup broadband!

rob1963
20-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Offft that's posh.

Backup broadband!

Just what I was thinking!

On a fair few occasions occasions I've been without broadband for several consecutive days.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Not really posh and it doesn't cost me anything.

It is essential to me to have BB. I am literally lost without it.

If the Sky goes down, then I have a dongle and if that doesn't work, then I have a smart phone with free internet.

wensleydale
21-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes- thought it was me.

Wifi connection either slows right down or just goes off completely and then comes back again 60 secs later.

Rowleys
21-04-2010, 06:33 AM
IF your connection keeps dropping then it has a good chance Virgin media BB hackers have your mac address and cloning them and using on the same ubr as you..

MAC = Login "username & password"

so when they use the mac it with log you out then when you login it log them out

Happened to me a frew time.
keep reposting it and they will say it a fualt with your modem and send you a new one with new mac on..

rob1963
21-04-2010, 08:17 AM
If the Sky goes down, then I have a dongle and if that doesn't work, then I have a smart phone with free internet.

This is MY back up internet:

Charlie Brown
21-04-2010, 08:54 AM
:lol:

Starlight
21-04-2010, 11:55 AM
We've had Virgin Media for about 6 months now and touch wood, we've never had any issues and we use the internet every day for hours.

Just a guess, but I think it might be down to the area, some areas' willl have better connection speeds and what not.

Neil.

paulg
21-04-2010, 12:14 PM
I've had exactly the same issue for months (10mb service). Virgin have fitted a new modem when it finally died completely and did some work in the green box along the street but not much has changed and yes, at about 10pm it cuts off and reconnects then cuts off and............

I think Richard Branson is such a benevolent caring chap that he's enforcing a sensible bed time on you and I.

If you have the old motorolla modem (the tall white one) that doesn't help matters.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-04-2010, 01:17 PM
We've had Virgin Media for about 6 months now and touch wood, we've never had any issues and we use the internet every day for hours.

Just a guess, but I think it might be down to the area, some areas' willl have better connection speeds and what not.

Neil.

I can't see it being the area - we've been here nearly 18 months and it only started happening a couple of months ago.

Starlight
21-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I can't see it being the area - we've been here nearly 18 months and it only started happening a couple of months ago.
Dunno :shrug: Your guess is as good as mine really ;)

Neil.

DeckstarDeluxe
21-04-2010, 06:28 PM
im on it and never had an issue Darren. My folks in southport however are always moaning about theirs dropping off and for some reason sundays are terrible so there might be something in the area thing.

JamesXP
08-07-2010, 10:00 PM
We've been with telewest/NTL/virgin and never ever had more than 12 hours of outage, except when the bill hasn't been payed

xD

DJMaxG
13-08-2010, 06:30 PM
My backup internet varies, from public benches in busy residential areas to pubs

CRAZY K
14-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Is anyone else suffering any kind of dropout of connection failure?

It's been happening for a few months now but only it seems after about 10pm. It happens every minute or so but only for around 10 seconds. Very annoying.

I have emailed Virgin, but was wondering if anyone else was having issues?

Im with talk talk.

NEVER had an issue in 3 years or so and we are classed as--- in the sticks ;)

I might be investigating a change of provider perhaps--assuming this is not BTs fault who presumably REALLY pull all the strings as they own everything.

All the others ,talk talk ,Virgin etc just "piggy back" services.

/