PDA

View Full Version : How to stop DJAY 3.5 linking with my Vestax VCI?

yourdj
21-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Hello,

I use my Vestax VCI with Serato Itch for playout.

http://getridiculous.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/vci3001.jpg

I have bought DJAY 3.5 (MAC only) for back up as the twin decks are always there and for background music as it has an excellent automix facility.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/djay-multitouch-mac.jpg

My problem is when i plug the vestax in it controls the DJAY software which is not what i want. Cant seem to sort it? Hve not had a real fiddle but all the obvious things do not work.

The sound comes out my jack output which is great as my main playout is usb but i want to ditch the hardware control.

MagicMusic
21-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Surely the re is just a simple option under Preferences > Midi or Controller?

I don't know the program but surely it affords control over the midi mapping?

womble
21-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I'd check the prefs, but also algoriddim have some useful djay forums - it's worth asking the question there.

Mark Wild
21-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Is the software also known as Disco DJ 3.5? Why on earth you'd use that rubbish with a VCI 300 is beyond me, but your answer has to be in the configuration settings of your software.

Megamix
21-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Is the software also known as Disco DJ 3.5?

No he means DJay 3.1

Penfold42
21-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Is the software also known as Disco DJ 3.5? Why on earth you'd use that rubbish with a VCI 300 is beyond me, but your answer has to be in the configuration settings of your software.

Pull no punches mate....:lol:

yourdj
22-04-2010, 04:30 AM
No he means DJay 3.1

yep thats the one :o it is a great piece of software which is why i actually paid money for it :p
I would be happy using it all night to be honest but itch is a bit better and more stable.

i have selected it not to work with the vestax in the settings but it still did?

Its anoying when your trying to cue a first dance and another track play at the same time :p

I will have another go tomorrow.