PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone USB Dongle-Anybody use them?

scoopd
23-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Just purchaed one as a back up for venues that have no wireless.Tried it in the house and the scanning noise went through my headphones.Will test tonight but I'm concerned that it will go through the speakers.

Just wondering if others use dongles at gigs and how they get round this.

DiscoPromotions
23-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Just purchaed one as a back up for venues that have no wireless.Tried it in the house and the scanning noise went through my headphones.Will test tonight but I'm concerned that it will go through the speakers.

Just wondering if others use dongles at gigs and how they get round this.

You will notice it more when you are on 2G network, as the frequencies are in range where they will interfere with audio equipment.

3G will have little or no interference.

scoopd
24-04-2010, 12:27 PM
You will notice it more when you are on 2G network, as the frequencies are in range where they will interfere with audio equipment.

3G will have little or no interference.

Tried it last night and you are correct.That's a relief:)

Cheers

scoopd
24-04-2010, 12:33 PM
It's actually turned out a bargain for me. I got it for £22.97 and it has no expiry.Alright it's just 1gb but I only use it when I need to download if they have no wireless.It also has 1gb pre loaded:
Now that I know it will work ok I'm delighted!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/vodafone-k3565-payg-mobile-broadband-usb-dongle-04590797-pdt.html

DiscoPromotions
24-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Tried it last night and you are correct.That's a relief:)

Cheers

No problem fella...

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2010, 01:16 PM
It's actually turned out a bargain for me. I got it for £22.97 and it has no expiry.Alright it's just 1gb but I only use it when I need to download if they have no wireless.It also has 1gb pre loaded:
Now that I know it will work ok I'm delighted!

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/vodafone-k3565-payg-mobile-broadband-usb-dongle-04590797-pdt.html

Can you use it abroad?

DiscoPromotions
24-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Can you use it abroad?

Yes, but you will pay through the nose in the data use

Ajaysdisco
28-04-2010, 04:52 PM
One trick to using a dongle or phone abroad is to buy a sim free phone or dongle.
Use it with your normal sim over here in the UK and when you go abroad buy a local sim card.
I know it costs slightly more for the phone/dongle but this saves the roaming fees.