PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

Thames Valley Discos
04-07-2006, 05:34 PM
I’ve taken bookings through October November without really thinking, but. My better half (so she says) is expecting to give birth in November to Twins. Now this could happen any time from October onwards. Is anyone willing (if available) to cover gigs local to Reading should things heat up on the birthing front during these months?
Do I take more bookings or do I leave as much time free during October November that I have not already booked?

Have a disco
04-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Employ a rookie DJ to cover should you have to rush off preferably one that could drive, and just let your guests know in advance that you may have yo rush off as it gets too near let the other DJ cover for you and pack the stuff up but dont stop taking bookings you'll soon want to be outta the house once there born

Thames Valley Discos
04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Or maybe employ a birthing partner, that way i can do disco-:)

BeerFunk
04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
How can you let the guests know in advance, when it could happen theoretically at any moment?

Maree
04-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Thames you don't normally go full term with twins, i had mine a month early, good luck

Sapphire Disco
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I can probably help you.

Thames Valley Discos
04-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Thames you don't normally go full term with twins, i had mine a month early, good luck
Thanks, thats why i,m concerned with October too. Due 19th November but as you say could be here October. 7 days in a week, but we all know what day they will choose to arrive!

Maree
04-07-2006, 06:04 PM
The hospital where i had mine (norfolk 'n' Norwich) actually gave me a date so they could start my labour.
Do you know what sex the babies are? or is it gonna be a surprise? i had 2 girls

Thames Valley Discos
04-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Scan tomorrow, so i think as we have a boy already, we will ask to sex them. Will help out planning the future, clothes etc. Do you think i could say to the hospital we are fully booked most Saturday,s. But week days look good:-)

Thames Valley Discos
04-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I can probably help you.
Thanks, nearer time i,ll grab a number to contact you should the need arrise :beer:

Maree
04-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Anyway whenever they decide they want to enter this world, good luck with everything, hope everything goes well, next time could end up having another set of twins!

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I’ve taken bookings through October November without really thinking, but. My better half (so she says) is expecting to give birth in November to Twins. Now this could happen any time from October onwards. Is anyone willing (if available) to cover gigs local to Reading should things heat up on the birthing front during these months?
Do I take more bookings or do I leave as much time free during October November that I have not already booked?

As long as the bookings are reasonably priced, then you could call on me if you like Paul.

There's five of us, plus I have a lot of local contacts.

Also, generally, October and November is a fairly quiet period.

I had the same thing happen, with my daughter being due in December, but arriving 6 weeks early, and that particular week I was supposed to be working 5 nights.

Everything got covered though.

Have a disco
04-07-2006, 07:48 PM
should you really get pushed and worried I'll come down if not booked and cover some bookings just make sure they are well priced LOL

Thames Valley Discos
04-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks Darren, i,ll take you up on that if i need to. All priced well but i,m more than happy to make the difference up if required. After all it will be helping me out and looking after the customer. Cheers.