PDA

View Full Version : The Turns have the edge - Apperance Wise!!

StarZSoundS
19-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Got to admit that the Singers round here look one notch smarter than the DJ's....myself included.

How do they do that!!!Can anyone recommend an on-line shop for reasonably priced Entertainers Clothes(I'm blowed if I can find one).

Loads of posts on here about Lights ,Starcloths,etc,etc....but I think this is equally important.;) ;) ;)

Excalibur
19-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Got to admit that the Singers round here look one notch smarter than the DJ's....myself included.

How do they do that!!!Can anyone recommend an on-line shop for reasonably priced Entertainers Clothes(I'm blowed if I can find one).

Loads of posts on here about Lights ,Starcloths,etc,etc....but I think this is equally important.;) ;) ;)

Not online, but unsurprisingly, I get mine at Help the Aged. ;) ;)

RabbittsKaraoke
19-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Sort yourselves out! :D

I wear pin striped trousers and waistcoat, black shirt, white tie, and black shoes with the white bits on them (bit gangsteresque). I don't go as far as the trilby or white braces :cool:

mark@pegasus
19-05-2010, 07:56 AM
If it's a suit you are looking for, have a look at M&S. They do a very comfortable and smart suit for only £50

Vectis
19-05-2010, 08:00 AM
I tend to wear a plain M&S suit too, crisp white shirt and carry a selection of ties so that I can pick one to fit with the colour scheme (I know, sad... but it has been commented on :p ).

Given that it's sometimes unavoidable moving bits of gear or doing a bit of cable tracing etc. whilst suited up, I'm not going to spend a fortune and they look decent enough. Usually better than the majority of guests in any case.

Excalibur
19-05-2010, 08:09 AM
I tend to wear a plain M&S suit too, crisp white shirt and carry a selection of ties so that I can pick one to fit with the colour scheme (I know, sad... but it has been commented on :p ).

Given that it's sometimes unavoidable moving bits of gear or doing a bit of cable tracing etc. whilst suited up, I'm not going to spend a fortune and they look decent enough. Usually better than the majority of guests in any case.

I did a wedding at a posh hotel years ago, and a guest turned up in jeans and a t-shirt. :bang:

rob1963
19-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Surely it's not a good idea to buy suits etc online...when you can't try them on or see the quality.

Kernow
19-05-2010, 09:27 AM
If it's a suit you are looking for, have a look at M&S. They do a very comfortable and smart suit for only £50

Lidl have a very presentable black pinstripe for £19 ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

StarZSoundS
19-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Lidl have a very presentable black pinstripe for £19 ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Its not a where to buy the best suit situation.....

Generally the turns i've seen have clobber that is not from Matalan or M & S.Very few wear suits.....but their outfits look better than most of the DJ's...

Corabar Entertainment
19-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Can anyone recommend an on-line shop for reasonably priced Entertainers Clothes(I'm blowed if I can find one).Is this a wind up? :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Try here. http://www.pelicanstagewear.com/

Charlie Brown
19-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Angela, the strange thing is - I think he's being serious. :sj: :D

Buy a decent suit. I did and its lasted well over a year...wear it 5 times a week at school and sometimes at gigs.

I ripped it once (I was messing around at school) and they fixed it free of charge and replaced the trousers!

http://www.aquascutum.co.uk/

I have a Topman suit which has also served me well....but I prefer the other.

Edit: If you have a Slaters or Greenwoods - Go there! They have really nice suits...often half the RPP.

StarZSoundS
19-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Try here. http://www.pelicanstagewear.com/

Thanks Darren.....Spot on!!!

Not sure why Angie thought it was a Wind-up???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Perhaps she thought you'd be more than capable than typing 'stage wear' into Google. ;)

StarZSoundS
19-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Perhaps she thought you'd be more than capable than typing 'stage wear' into Google. ;)

Was more looking for recommendations from other Forum Members...there are a few on here that double-up as DJ'd and turns....

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Was more looking for recommendations from other Forum Members...there are a few on here that double-up as DJ'd and turns....

Ah, I see. :)

Javlingames
19-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Some of the clothes there scream 'working mens club' lol.

StarZSoundS
19-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Some of the clothes there scream 'working mens club' lol.

I know......Great a'int it!!!!!!:D :D :D

Corabar Steve
19-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Just how do you spell appearance? :sj:

Excalibur
19-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Angela, the strange thing is - I think he's being serious. :sj: :D

Buy a decent suit. I did and its lasted well over a year...wear it 5 times a week at school and sometimes at gigs.

I ripped it once (I was messing around at school) and they fixed it free of charge and replaced the trousers!

http://www.aquascutum.co.uk/

I have a Topman suit which has also served me well....but I prefer the other.

Edit: If you have a Slaters or Greenwoods - Go there! They have really nice suits...often half the RPP.
Charlie, you're too young to go in there. :Naughty: That's only for grown-ups, like me. ;)

Healthy scepticism? :whistle:

Oooooooooooooh! Cut the lad some slack Darren, he's not a computer genius, like some of us Silver Surfers. ;) :D

Just how do you spell appearance? :sj:

Correctly, of course. Sometimes you can be really silly, Steve. ;) :D :D

Kernow
19-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Is this a wind up? :confused:

Perhaps Martin's taken inspiration from watching "Worried about the boy" ?;)

:D :D

Dynamic Entertainment
19-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I have suits for all occasions ranging from full Greenwoods tux, to M&S suit...but increasingly find that B&Gs prefer me to be in black trousers, logo embroidered black shirt, black tie, and shoes as the night do is less formal, and they prefer me to be cool and comfortable....

Twinspin
19-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Angela, the strange thing is -Slaters or Greenwoods - Go there! They have really nice suits...often half the RPP.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/Twinspindj/john.jpg

latest shot

I got my suit from Jacamo online for £80.00 (suit is henley and knight) then the black shirt A ben sherman plain black oxford shirt £32.00 and the belt was £10.00

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/Twinspindj/S7000039.jpg

(couple of years ago)

I paid £200 for that black tie suit from slaters and i got ripped off they were supposed to alter the trousers. I paid for alterations and the trousers were still too big.

ppentertainments
19-05-2010, 07:06 PM
My best suit has been my 'ASDA' suit. I bought it last year - for those occasions where there is a high risk of getting dirty. It cost about £25 for a suit, 3 shirts and a tie I think. This is why I cannot understand why 'everyone' cannot turn up to places smartly dressed when required.

M&S is my suit of choice now. We have a M&S clearance shop nearby which is brilliant - and do larger sizes ;)

StarZSoundS
19-05-2010, 07:10 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/Twinspindj/john.jpg

latest shot

I got my suit from Jacamo online for £80.00 (suit is henley and knight) then the black shirt A ben sherman plain black oxford shirt £32.00 and the belt was £10.00

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/Twinspindj/S7000039.jpg

(couple of years ago)

I paid £200 for that black tie suit from slaters and i got ripped off they were supposed to alter the trousers. I paid for alterations and the trousers were still too big.

Thanks John.....

I wonder if any of the others have pix of how they turn themselves out...do you find the Bow-tie a little OTT???

Mister Musicman
19-05-2010, 07:14 PM
I lost my Roadie to a bloke who regularly wears a dress, stilletto heels and make-up. He plays down the Dog in Syston most weekends if anyone's interested.
:DJ:
Rob (Mister Musicman)
www.mistermusicman.co.uk

Twinspin
19-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks John.....

I wonder if any of the others have pix of how they turn themselves out...do you find the Bow-tie a little OTT???

I hate bow ties tbh but will wear black tie ive ive got to. .... lmao. I dont mind normal ties or shirt and suit look. That picture you see above is a couple of years old.

Ive got another black tie suit but havent worn it yet.

Excalibur
19-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks John.....

Well it's less OTT than mine. ;) John's neither revolves, nor flashes. ;) :D :D :D :D :D

I lost my Roadie to a bloke who regularly wears a dress, stilletto heels and make-up. He plays down the Dog in Syston most weekends if anyone's interested.
:DJ:
Rob (Mister Musicman)
www.mistermusicman.co.uk
:eek: :eek: Well I'm not dressing like that just to get a roadie!!!!!! ( And you think that's strange. ;) I know a better one than that. Strange but true. ;) ;) )

Corabar Entertainment
19-05-2010, 07:24 PM
:eek: :eek: Well I'm not dressing like that just to get a roadie!!!!!! ( And you think that's strange. ;) I know a better one than that. Strange but true. ;) ;) )
<Hmmm.... Angela goes off to look at old photos posted on the forum, as she's sure she's seen something somewhere that contradicts that statement somewhat :D .... well, not exactly - it wasn't to get a roadie! :eek: >

Excalibur
19-05-2010, 07:45 PM
<Hmmm.... Angela goes off to look at old photos posted on the forum, as she's sure she's seen something somewhere that contradicts that statement somewhat :D .... well, not exactly - it wasn't to get a roadie! :eek: >

Alright Smartypants, I'll save you the trouble. :p :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
19-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Dats da one :D