PDA

View Full Version : Schools PLI & PAT requests

Have a disco
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Now it seems that all Schools are to be demanding PLI & PAT certificates just had 2 prior bookings ring up to confirm I had it as new directives from Government departments have just hit the Headmasters desks around the country......

Im not complaining as It does me one hell of a favour work wise I can now vie for there work for the school disco's, and gain my CRB as well as a volanteer for the school EXCELLENT stuff eh!!

suggest everyone check there schools position regarding the above believe that it will become school law in new term to ensure we have it before they book us could work out as a lot more work coming our way

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I regularly do stuff in a local school (where I'm a governor) and have always given them PLI and PAT, and also have done risk assessments with them too.

These aren't discos, but PA hire/sports day commentry/fundays.

And I do them for free!!!!!

Jiggles
04-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Blast thats messed me up then. :mad: :mad:

Have a disco
04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Cant you get PLI in the Disco's name

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Cant you get PLI in the Disco's name

You still need to be old enough.

Corabar Entertainment
04-07-2006, 11:38 PM
...and unless the disco is a limited company, it does not have a separate 'legal entity' and so cannot get anything (eg insurance) in its own name.

Have a disco
04-07-2006, 11:39 PM
sounds like an ask dad situation mate

Corabar Entertainment
04-07-2006, 11:42 PM
...which will cover his dad, but not him, unfortunately. :sad:

Shaun
05-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Now it seems that all Schools are to be demanding PLI & PAT certificates just had 2 prior bookings ring up to confirm I had it as new directives from Government departments have just hit the Headmasters desks around the country......

Happy days :)

soundtracker
05-07-2006, 08:35 AM

Im not complaining as It does me one hell of a favour work wise I can now vie for there work for the school disco's, and gain my CRB as well as a volanteer for the school EXCELLENT stuff eh!!

suggest everyone check there schools position regarding the above believe that it will become school law in new term to ensure we have it before they book us could work out as a lot more work coming our way
and what is the source of this information?

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-07-2006, 09:23 AM

I'm just off to a governing body meeting - I'll ask.

Have a disco
05-07-2006, 01:13 PM

Came from event organiser (friends of place farm school) of my childs school fete this weekend was asked via them by Headmaster for proof of PLI & PAT certs under suffolk durastiction councils and also asked via DiscosUK.net from a school which I am doing there prom in St Neots Cambs, there local district council rules have checked with both schools and provided them with required info asap both events are this weekend...

Source is very real and alive but seems all schools will have to comply by New school year 2006 already expected at most venue halls throughout west suffolk owned by councils if not checked everytime by caretaker

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-07-2006, 01:35 PM
I think you maybe getting mixed up with CRB checks here a bit, as there are new regulations concerning these and working in schools.

I've just come back from a Governers meeting and checked this.

Maybe, it's just your area Badger?

soundtracker
05-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm doing P.A for sports day on Friday at the local school- they haven't asked for anything.

Have a disco
05-07-2006, 02:39 PM
Nope definitely PLI & PAT as well St Neots and Haverhill both different councils miles from each other and different counties this is 2 areas out of 100's but both screaming the same thing

Prom night is for 6th form + no CRB required
fete is primary school and on school field not in the school (no disco or music, just the PA for announcements) No CRB required either but yes this will come into effect in New school term as well

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Nope definitely PLI & PAT as well St Neots and Haverhill both different councils miles from each other and different counties this is 2 areas out of 100's but both screaming the same thing

This may be true in your area, but I can assure you that it isn't nationwide at the moment.