PDA

View Full Version : Peavey System on Ebay

RabbittsKaraoke
24-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi

This ebay item might be one from someone on here but if it's not can anyone give me some idea how good this is? and what region you think would be a good price for it?? Would it have enough poke for larger venues?

The amp looks a bit of a knacker but it may do the job?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170488626201&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks in advance

Vectis
24-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I know everyone has to start somewhere but this is a new seller with 0 feedback.

On the plus side it's collect only. A long way to go though for a blag.

Caveat emptor...

RabbittsKaraoke
24-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Indeed. I've been stung a couple of times on ebay.

I don't have any intention of buying that particular system...well, not unless it gets a rave review on here (in which case I'll make a point of going to see them first)....but i'm more interested in the make and model (and how much should be paid for a similar system).

I've read on here that Peaveys are fairly decent speakers "entry level" speakers so would I'm interested if these are the type of thing i should be going for.
I cannot afford mackie or similar just now

Charlie Brown
24-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Nah,

I think you'll be fine!

The guy has to start from somewhere! Looking at the picture it all looks cool. :)

A1DL
24-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Horrid cabinets.

and what region you think would be a good price for it??

You can thrown it in my skip for £10 if there's room.

Would it have enough poke for larger venues?

If you like your bass to sound like a wet cardboard box being whacked with a shovel, then possibly.

Charlie Brown
24-05-2010, 01:34 PM
If you like your bass to sound like a wet cardboard box being whacked with a shovel, then possibly.

Bit unfair Tony.

These speakers might be practical for someone on a budget!

RabbittsKaraoke
24-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Horrid cabinets.

Thanks for the constructive reply. Would you like to recommend speakers that I should be looking at?

I hate saying "cheap" because I know you get what you pay for but I need speakers that are "good value".

I have couple of cabs at the moment and I've stated in various threads that I need to add bins, so thought I may as well look at packages and get ones that "go together"

Gareth
24-05-2010, 02:23 PM

:D That made me giggle!

A1DL
24-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the constructive reply. Would you like to recommend speakers that I should be looking at?

I cannot recommend enough the JBL JRX series cabs if you are on a budget.

RabbittsKaraoke
24-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Thanks. I'll check them out :)

DeckstarDeluxe
24-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Ive used Peavey UL15's for a couple of years and while they arent the greatest system they do the job and Ive never had complaints or seen anyone covering their ears screaming on the floor.

Excalibur
24-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Bit unfair Tony.

These speakers might be practical for someone on a budget!
Might not Charlie. The V in PV stands for "Value". ;) Bit like the suprermarket own brand bargain choccy biccies.

I hate saying "cheap" because I know you get what you pay for but I need speakers that are "good value".

I have couple of cabs at the moment and I've stated in various threads that I need to add bins, so thought I may as well look at packages and get ones that "go together"

Other excellent value cabs are available, cough cough. ;) :D :D :D :D

Ive used Peavey UL15's for a couple of years and while they arent the greatest system they do the job and Ive never had complaints or seen anyone covering their ears screaming on the floor.

The UL series is a completely different kettle of fish. Excellent kit.

Cj_The_Dj
24-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Might not Charlie. The V in PV stands for "Value". ;) Bit like the suprermarket own brand bargain choccy biccies.

Other excellent value cabs are available, cough cough. ;) :D :D :D :D

I also recomend the peavey UL's

Charlie Brown
24-05-2010, 11:30 PM

:lol:

I have a lot of love for you! You can be the Yorkshire Uncle I never had...to add to my extended family on here! :D :D

CRAZY K
24-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Horrid cabinets.

Its strange and spooky--all my customers love Dancing to that sound.

Must be another regional problem:confused:

CRAZY K
24-05-2010, 11:43 PM
I also recomend the peavey UL's

Blimey, thats three of us then;)

womble
27-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Might not Charlie. The V in PV stands for "Value".

What about the HISYS 1XT speakers? Has anyone any opinions on those?

Cj_The_Dj
27-05-2010, 10:04 PM

yes these are also very good.. any peavey cab that is fitted with a black widow driver (bw equipped) are very good for value and have a nice warm bassy sound. some people don't like them because there american.

Twinspin
27-05-2010, 10:33 PM
:lol:

I have a lot of love for you! You can be the Yorkshire Uncle I never had...to add to my extended family on here! :D :D

Penmares your dad or GRANDAD :p :D .... Tony Brown
im Your evil Twin..... John Brown

anyone other Browns that want to come forward.

Excalibur
27-05-2010, 10:40 PM

Not as well liked as the UL series. If I remember right, the 1XT has small drivers. 2XT better.