PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Bcd2000

RabbittsKaraoke
25-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR170519

It looks very useful for a laptop user such as myself. Anyone know if it is compatible with VDJ?? Whats the sound quality like through the mixer??

If I wanted to use it as with karaoke could I hook up my little Alesis 8 mixer to enable me to use multiple mics and the effects??

Mark Wild
25-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Absolute rubbish, don't waste your money. For another £50 you can buy my spare M-Audio Xponent if you like -

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqXponent.html

I have two because I sent one away to M-Audio to have the crossfader replaced and bought a new one for while it was away being sorted. Its back now, you won't need an extra sound card with the Xponent either.

RabbittsKaraoke
25-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Absolute rubbish, don't waste your money. For another £50 you can buy my spare M-Audio Xponent if you like -

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/TorqXponent.html

I have two because I sent one away to M-Audio to have the crossfader replaced and bought a new one for while it was away being sorted. Its back now, you won't need an extra sound card with the Xponent either.

Thanks for that. I'd have spent an absolute fortune on a load of :Censored: if it werent for you guys on this forum :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Edit:
Just realised your offer for YOUR controller. Thought you meant the new ones on the link were £50 more lol
I'm strapped for cash for new equipment at the moment for a few weeks so I was just window shopping for when I can afford it.....so when I can i'll be in touch to see if it's still available? Thanks very much for the offer though :beer1:

Squelch
25-05-2010, 10:16 AM
nice bit of kit....Im thinking of buying a hdmix.....but I am tempted with this!!!!!

pm sent....

James
25-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I use the bcd 3000, which is the next model up from the 2000, and i've never had a problem with it, it does what you need it to.

I have heard of some people having problems with the bcd 2000 on the native instruments forum though

RabbittsKaraoke
25-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I use the bcd 3000, which is the next model up from the 2000, and i've never had a problem with it, it does what you need it to.

I have heard of some people having problems with the bcd 2000 on the native instruments forum though

Reason it caught my eye is because it looks simple to use. I'll be using it for simple disco's and karaoke so I don't need complicated loop, effects and cue functions.
And I don't particularly need it to control a stand alone hard disk. I'll use the laptop to load the track then the controller to mix/fade in and out

James
25-05-2010, 11:08 AM
have a look at the bcd 3000 then, as i use it pretty much the same as you

If i remember rightly at the time is was buying it, there was crashing issues with the 2000, so i went with the 3000 after speaking to a few people on forums about it.

the only downside to it, is it's plastic, when it getting moved around all the time, the buttons get a bit damaged.

If cash was no problem, and i was buying a controller again, i'd go for something with a more rugged build, but still, i'd recommend the 3000 though.

RabbittsKaraoke
25-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks James :)

Squelch
25-05-2010, 07:45 PM
I got a 3000 off a mate of mine second hand,the mike channel didnt work and it would freeze up my laptop after a hour or so.....shame:(

notroubleclubber
26-05-2010, 06:28 AM
My bcd3000 has scratchy pots on the main volume and the headphone mix knob. Mic doesnt work either. Its a shame as its still usable and capable of so much.

mrdeejay
06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I have a 2000 and use it with OTS AV Pro with no problem at all.