View Full Version : first wedding little help

deltaforce
29-05-2010, 02:10 PM
hi everyone hope you are all well
got my first wedding tonight thought some on here with some experience
could help out what is the the normal running of the night
they have madly deeply as first dance how do you annouce first dance
i was thinking somhthing like ladies and gentleman if you could be upstanding
the bride and groom are now going to have there first dance.

then they want a brides dance with dad they have against all odds mariah carey
feat westlife
now dont really know how to annouce this do you do this straight after first dance
do you ask people to join in halfway through
aslo what do you follow this with another slowie or somthing else

alot of questions i know:confused:

Mark Wild
29-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I think you're worrying a little bit too much, which is understandable, but just go with it, be natural. I have no clue how I'm going to introduce tonights first dance yet tbh, but when the time comes it will just happen. When the first dance finishes link the next dance by asking for a round of applause for the bride and groom, then intoduce the second dance.

There's no correct way, all DJ's have different styles on the mic, chill, be natural and relax, all will be well and you'll wonder wtf you were worried about in the first place. Good luck mate and remember to enjoy it :D

djdave01
29-05-2010, 03:31 PM
have a chat with the bride and groom before you start, they'll probably have an idea what they want to do.

Normally i find that most bride & grooms want to dance themselves for a couple of minutes, then invite up the best man & bridesmaid, followed shortly by the parents. Other bride & grooms want the whole first song to themselves.

Occasionally i get the formal types who want every person in the wedding party invited up by name at specified times, but that doesnt happen very often in my experiance.

In most cases i play two slow songs at the beginning, chosen by the bride & groom.

Good luck with your first wedding, im sure it'll be fine.

Dave

Ryu
29-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Odd choice for a first dance, lyrically speaking.

Agree with everything above, relaxing is both the key and the difficult bit. Conciously trying to speak slower will help (a good tip I got from my dad...who I believe has excellent mic skills).

deltaforce
30-05-2010, 09:10 AM
you guys were right it went really well one of the best nights so far
used the mike more tonight than ever before kept looking at songs though and then thinking ohh you cant play that like