PDA

View Full Version : Music Problem

NKR
30-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi all

I have hit another problem and its a really bizarre one.

The problem is that a couple of CD's I have been trying to rip have gone odd. I listened back to the ripped tracks and they were distorted as if the EQ was all to pot on the rip, but I hadn't changed any settings.
I then tried just playing the same CD's through media player on my lap top and also were distorted - these are original CD's not burned!
So out to the car and tried on that CD player and work a treat. Back in and same problem. Its only on a couple of discs and one of them has ripped perfectly in the past.
This all came about as there was a minor glitch on one of the MP3's on my HD last night so I have deleted it and intended to replace it, but hey presto problem. I actually encounter the issue yesterday with another CD. However, I happilly ripped several othe CD's yesterday with no issue.

I have tried shut down and restart on the lap top to no avail.

Any ideas?

Megamix
30-05-2010, 07:06 PM
my cd burner on my mac is very sensitive and a number of cds wont read/rip - on other cd players and burners they are fine. I suspect its more of an issue with the relationship between the CD and the players/burners - as the car player played the CD OK.

NKR
30-05-2010, 07:14 PM
my cd burner on my mac is very sensitive and a number of cds wont read/rip - on other cd players and burners they are fine. I suspect its more of an issue with the relationship between the CD and the players/burners - as the car player played the CD OK.

Thats the issue I am having. That's just random.

Excalibur
30-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Thats the issue I am having. That's just random.

What programme were you ripping with? Try a different one, and see how it goes.
Also different PC.

NKR
30-05-2010, 09:05 PM
What programme were you ripping with? Try a different one, and see how it goes.
Also different PC.

Media Monkey for ripping, but Windows Media Player plays the CD in the same way, so its not Media Monkey.

I only have one PC :o and thats my new lap top. I should get my old lap top back soon which has never had a problem with any CD.

Excalibur
30-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Media Monkey for ripping, but Windows Media Player plays the CD in the same way, so its not Media Monkey.

I only have one PC :o and thats my new lap top. I should get my old lap top back soon which has never had a problem with any CD.

:what: :eek: :eek: :eek: I didn't realise things were so backward across the Pennines!

Humour me. Rip it in Windows media please. I like to substitute things to rule out possibilities.

NKR
30-05-2010, 09:46 PM
:what: :eek: :eek: :eek: I didn't realise things were so backward across the Pennines!

Humour me. Rip it in Windows media please. I like to substitute things to rule out possibilities.

Easy there! Being only a wee nipper means I have silly mortgage levels to pay and therefore can but afford one PC.

It plays bad on Media Player, but ripped it anyway on Media Player and unfortunately plays rubbish too once ripped.

Excalibur
30-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Easy there! Being only a wee nipper means I have silly mortgage levels to pay and therefore can but afford one PC.

It plays bad on Media Player, but ripped it anyway on Media Player and unfortunately plays rubbish too.

Ah well, it appears we can rule out software problems. Not the drive though.

Only thing I had like this was many years ago, when some CD's had Copy Protection fitted. Played fine, just couldn't copy it digitally to MD. Had to do it analogue.

NKR
30-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Ah well, it appears we can rule out software problems. Not the drive though.

Only thing I had like this was many years ago, when some CD's had Copy Protection fitted. Played fine, just couldn't copy it digitally to MD. Had to do it analogue.

They won't play correctly on the PC either. Have been busy ripping plenty of other stuff its just the odd one.
I have checked dates I previously ripped one of them and was on my old machine. Maybe the CD drive just isn't loving them on this new machine.