PDA

View Full Version : Chauvet 4Play

Corabar Entertainment
03-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Has anyone seen these in the flesh?

http://www.soundlightuk.com/shop/products/Chauvet-4Play-LED.html

What did you think of them? (Other than the fact that I know many don't like 'dots'... I know that, but am asking for other thoughts)

They look like they might be a good, quick, easy solution for a small set up in a hurry.

What do you think?

Charlie Brown
03-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Ohhh, I like the luck of that!

OllieJames
03-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I think it's crap, to be honest.

An ADJ Quad Gem DMX or an Acme MiracLED are both cheaper than that and do the same job. Although the 4Play can be moved, I don't think it's a major advantage. Plus is looks incredibly ugly - even more so than an ImpossibLED!

Charlie Brown
03-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I think it's crap, to be honest.

The advantage Ollie is it's easier to transport and setup.

You could use that as a whole light show - where size/time is an issue.

OllieJames
03-06-2010, 04:49 PM
The advantage Ollie is it's easier to transport and setup.

You could use that as a whole light show - where size/time is an issue.

You're telling me, that monstrosity is EASIER and QUICKER than putting an Acme MiracLED up? It looks way bigger than one too.

Charlie Brown
03-06-2010, 04:56 PM
You're telling me, that monstrosity is EASIER and QUICKER than putting an Acme MiracLED up? It looks way bigger than one too.

:lol:

It looks easy enough to plonk on a stand. Similar size to the kam led pars?

It's not the same as a MiracLED. It would cover a much wider area and you can point the lights in different directions.

I think with a bit of haze - it would look all right. :beer1:

.....Maybe. :muppet:

WWDJ
03-06-2010, 05:03 PM
It's horrible! i'd rather just put up a couple of LED bars and an impossibled if i was in that much of a hurry.

Tell you what, there are soooooo many effects now that are all the same that I am just going to save my money to get some bigger effects, like a couple of the Vizi Spot 5R Moving Heads. Bright, serious impact and versitle.

OllieJames
03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
:lol:

It looks easy enough to plonk on a stand. Similar size to the kam led pars?

It's not the same as a MiracLED. It would cover a much wider area and you can point the lights in different directions.

I think with a bit of haze - it would look all right. :beer1:

I reckon it'd look even worse in haze, with random beams shooting out - it'll look un-organised. Technically, it doesn't cover a wider area, because there will be big gaps where the effect will miss.

We'll agree to disagree on this one I think ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
What a stupid name!

It looks horrible.

ppentertainments
03-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Not a very appropriate name at all.
If you like dots, quite a handy system, but personally I think there are far better lights for the price.

Dynamic Entertainment
03-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Could be useable in conjunction with the other par system in this video....

YouTube- CHAUVET 4PLAY LED LIGHTING AT NAMM 2010 WITH IDJNOW

YouTube- 4PLAY and 4BAR

Starlight
04-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Ummmm, not the best looking lighting system! I don't personally like the design of these new lights, they just look too ugly and they've got a big long snowt lol! I would of thought they'd come up with a better model name too.

Neil.

Excalibur
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Hmmmmmm, yet again I see how my views are diametrically opposed to some on here. I can see how one of those, with a panel rig opposite, would be a great, simple, easy and quick rig to set up. Imagine one on each upright of an Ultimax, when you're pushed for time and space.

DazzyD
06-06-2010, 12:31 PM
I can understand how they might be a quick and easy setup solution but, personally, I don't like the look of them, either. I know you won't see them in the dark, anyway, but still it's a no from me.

As for the name, who thought of that? Ann Summers? ;)