PDA

View Full Version : Custom jingles

Shaun
06-07-2006, 10:45 PM
There was mention of 'jingles' in another topic earlier.

I had a few custom made for use at school and youth events. I've never used them though. Here's a low quality 'sample' of one of them.

Sample (www.elitedj.co.uk/misc/shaun_drop01.mp3)

Just wondering if anyone has ever used any?.

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-07-2006, 10:59 PM
There was mention of 'jingles' in another topic earlier.

I had a few custom made for use at school and youth events. I've never used them though. Here's a low quality 'sample' of one of them.

Sample (www.elitedj.co.uk/misc/shaun_drop01.mp3)

Just wondering if anyone has ever used any?.

I used to use them loads back in the early to mid 90s.

I did a studenty pub 3 times a week and used to use the showstarters, voice overs ans beds quite a lot.

I've got around 6 volumes of the Ultimate ones. Some are brilliant and some are not quite so good..

I don't think I'd use them at a function now though, but probably would in a pub. (although I don't have them on the PC yet - and in fact am not really sure which box they are in in the garage!)

Addicted 2 Bass
06-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Humm ...

I used them with my old disco and thinking of renewing them. I like just simple ones, I don't tend to like ones that have been designed to sound like local radio jingles. I like them to just to be a voice (normally Armenian :teeth:) and then I can drop the tune in behind it!

Opening:

"Welcome to this this event! Your hosts and DJs for this evening, are Joshua and Sebastian. If you have any requests please note them down on the requests slips provided. Thank you and we hope you enjoy this event!"

Safety:

"This is a guest safety anointment. During this evening event we will be using strobe lighting and non-toxic smoke. Thank you."

Closing:

"That's all we got time for folks! (sp?) This evenings entertainments was brought to you by Bass Entertainments. All photos and video that were taken from this even will be posted on our website, (my website address).com. Thank you and make your way home safely."

At some events they work and some events they don't, but they don't cost that much to produce so what heck! :P

Josh

Have a disco
06-07-2006, 11:19 PM
use to use jingles when on radio have a loverly collection that I dont use any more the sound dated as ever need upgrading again

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Sorry Josh, but I think using jingles to introduce yourself is a total cop out and you should use the mic.

Just my opinion though :)

Have a disco
07-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Ditto my personality on th mic should suffice but do find them handy for silly things like 'here comes the 70's' comments etc etc

dj andy allwood
07-07-2006, 11:57 AM
it sounds a bit cheesy to me lol a bit local radio ish

Shaun
07-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I think I agree with you Andy...which is why I've never used them, Seemed like a good idea at the time though.

Addicted 2 Bass
07-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Sorry Josh, but I think using jingles to introduce yourself is a total cop out and you should use the mic.

Just my opinion though :)

Yeh ... Its just an idea though?!

I re-read my post and jingle ideas and TBH they sound to cheesy for my liking! :D lol

A mic is just as good! :)

Josh

dj andy allwood
07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
:)
I think I agree with you Andy...which is why I've never used them, Seemed like a good idea at the time though.

yeah ive thought about getting a jingle made up with the name of the pub i dj in quite often but something always stops me :)

Corabar Steve
08-07-2006, 02:47 AM
:)

yeah ive thought about getting a jingle made up with the name of the pub i dj in quite often but something always stops me :)
Common sense? :teeth:

dj andy allwood
08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Common sense? :teeth:

lol probably common sense doesn't happen to me much though!! :teeth: