PDA

View Full Version : pc dj

ds sounds
09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
hi i run pcdj and it freezes sometimes and goes off every now and again any1 know about this??? my laptop has 4gb and 500 mem cost £500,thanks

Danno13
09-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Please see this thread - http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711

Can you also please take some time to read the forum rules regarding text speak, thanks :)

Booche
09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
hi i run pcdj and it freezes sometimes and goes off every now and again any1 know about this??? my laptop has 4gb and 500 mem cost £500,thanks

Just to second Danno also "500 mem" thats some machine ;)

Cheers Dave :)

WWDJ
09-06-2010, 10:17 PM

- General advice would be use the laptop for nothing but Djing and don't connect it to the internet at all. So just Windows and PCDJ on the laptop and that it.

- Ensure that your machine meets the recommend requirements (including operating system) for PCDJ and reduce the number of items connected to it to eliminate potential causes of the problem. A 4gb, 500gb Hard disk machine is more than likely capable of running PCDJ but worth checking.

- If you do this, you will be getting your machine as close as possible to the test conditions that PCDJ was created under.

- Ensure that you are using the latest version of the software you have as often there are bug fixes to avoid crashing / glitches

- If the machine is still failing, then it could be a physical problem with the machine, memory, disk, motherboard or another attached device causing the problem.

Sapphire Disco
09-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Too many files in a single folder ?

thex-faders
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
We hadissues with PCDJ when we attached external hardrive with ALL our music on. moved it to the internal hard drive in folders and runs perfectly everytime now.

Definate good idea to only use it for djing and not for anything else.
Tom

ds sounds
10-06-2010, 11:30 AM
it is used just for djing,with all music on internal harddrive,seems to play up after ive added new files to it.

Larry B Entertainment
10-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I think there is a limit to the amount of tracks in each folder to keep the program happy. If there are too many tracks in a folder it will keep referencing them and thats when you will have problems playing tracks at the same time and also you wont be able to quit the program while it is referencing.
Not sure what the limite is so check the pcdj website.

Sapphire Disco
10-06-2010, 11:58 AM
When you load your folders into the record case load each folder individually, don't just load my music as that counts as one very large folder.

ds sounds
10-06-2010, 12:24 PM
thanks