PDA

View Full Version : SoundLab LED Moodbars DMX problem...

julesie
07-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I have 2 x SoundLab Moodbars and 2 x Zoom Colourbars.
To all intents and purposes these two units look identical.

I can connect the 2 SoundLab units together and they synchronise perfectly over DMX - one as master and one as slave.
Likewise, I can connect the 2 x Zoom units together and they work fine over DMX.

However, if I connect a SoundLab unit to a Zoom unit as master and slave they do not communicate (the DMX light on the unit does not flash).

I have also connected them to a PC via a Velleman USB/DMX box. The Zoom units work fine, but not the SoundLab unit.

It appears to me that the SoundLab units do not conform to the DMX standard (though they do work with each other)?? Does anyone know how I could resolve this?

Many thanks...

Corabar Steve
07-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Why not introduce yourself in the newbies section (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)?

lazerdjs
07-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Have you checked the polarity of the DMX?

I have had similar problems in the past and found that different units are fitted with the "+" and "-" pins on the DMX opposite ways around. My solution has been to make a simple adaptor which switches the pins around...

The polarity should be stated (usualy in the form of a small diagram) on the unit itself.

Thames Valley Discos
07-07-2006, 06:46 PM
thay are both standard dmx, but as stated check pin polarity.

julesie
07-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the responses. Just tried a quick check by unscrewing the leads and connecting the pins in different ways worked.

So I'll have to make up a cross over joint.

Thanks,
jules

Corabar Steve
08-07-2006, 02:57 AM
Why not introduce yourself in the newbies section?Hi Jules welcome to the forum :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Paul James Promotions
08-07-2006, 03:35 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Good thinking about the polarity swap :D

lazerdjs
09-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Good thinking about the polarity swap :D

Cheers Jamie! :teeth: