PDA

View Full Version : Prices

Ripman
09-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Please excuse me if i have put this post up in the wrong section.. newbie ect ect...
I am asking whats the going price most of you charge for going out as a mobile disco.............. weddings ,,private function ect yep i know that could be .. how long is a piece of string..
I have been working the clubs as a duo last three years and the prices ... varied so much depending on the agents used

so we could go out for £150 on a thursday up to say about £350 on a saturday... (subject then to commission and vat from the **** agents)

so what do djs go out for ???

thanks Paul :beer:

Corabar Steve
09-07-2006, 08:27 PM
This question has been asked countless times on various forums, it really is a case of how long's a piece of string?

There is a good deal of variance depending on what you offer & also where you are based

dj_ags
09-07-2006, 08:30 PM
There was a thread like this the other day...

Located Here (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2642&highlight=charge)

There are more threads like this in various places around the forum, worth having a search around!

Corabar Steve
09-07-2006, 08:32 PM
so we could go out for £150 on a thursday up to say about £350 on a saturday... (subject then to commission and vat from the **** agents)
Probably best for you to avoid agents if you can

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Probably best for you to avoid agents if you can

I don't agree with that completely.

There are some decent agents around and if you have some of your own work, agents are good for filling the rest of your dates.

Just make sure you are happy with what they are paying you.

Corabar Steve
09-07-2006, 08:54 PM
I don't agree with that completely.

There are some decent agents around and if you have some of your own work, agents are good for filling the rest of your dates.

Just make sure you are happy with what they are paying you.
Agreed, but finding the good ones is the hard part.

Have a disco
09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Right I do this anglia based

Local std private booking small show £175
contract ie pub booking within 20 miles radius £150 for same small show

out of 5 mile radius £1 per return mile extra

those in big city area
s increase milage to 20 mile radius or refuse to go out for no less than £250 std for any show hope this clarifies things check out my website for closer appraisal I aint scared of reality ie pricing

please note I have 5 million PLI and Pat certs nothing is worth less than £
45 per hour

soundtracker
09-07-2006, 10:01 PM
I aint scared of reality ie pricing

Explain please?