PDA

View Full Version : PLI & PAT certification reminder

Have a disco
10-07-2006, 10:22 PM
The mobile disco directory is an independent initiative that helps to promote the importance of public liability insurance, portable appliance testing and anti piracy in the mobile disco industry.

The directory helps you choose a mobile disco or karaoke that has sent us proof of PLI and/or PAT. This way, you know that should an accident happen, you are covered.

If you are a DJ, why not help us make a difference to the industry by joining our association. Click on the association links to find out more about our free membership.

Submit your PLI & PAT to the directory and get a better listing

AREA WITH PLI & PAT, JUST PLI, JUST PAT, WITH NEITHER

Scotland 6, 5, 2, 60
North East 3, 0, 0, 34
North West 2, 7, 1, 58
Yorkshire 4, 3, 0, 35
East Midlands 5, 5, 1, 60
West Midlands 7, 4, 1, 74
Wales 1, 2, 0, 31
Eastern 8, 7, 0, 35
London 6, 8, 1, 39
South East 18, 27, 4, 129
South West 8, 10, 2, 70
Northern Ireland 0, 0, 0, 14

Ok I very disgusted at the amount of disco's listed with out PLI ok some are listed in more than 1 catagory

Northern Ireland has been a complete disappointment with 0% closely followed by wales 9.6% and the North East on 9.6%

the rest as follows;

Scotland 18%
North East 9.6%
North West 15.5%
Yorkshire 20%
East Midlands 16.6%
West Midlands 14.8%
Wales 9.6%
Eastern 42%
London 35.8%
South East 34.8%
South West 25.7%
Northern Ireland 0%

Eastern my own region seems to have more responsible disco owners than most followed closely by London and the south east.

Prehaps now we can push for more members to get PLI even hound them to Im sorry even some big posting MDA forum members still have to not have their PLI on the MDD site maybe this is an oversite by the webmaster not having updated them or just pure laziness of the disco owners to not get the info in asap

Shaun
10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Prehaps now we can push for more members to get PLI even hound them to

I admire your drive and determination but hounding people is tantamount to bullying. All we can do as a forum/association is promote the benefits of submitting the details and hope that people join us in the quest to raising the industries standards. We can't and shouldn't pressure anyone.

wensleydale
10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
maybe many people have pli or pat and have not submitted or have submitted and it has not been received?
i sent mine off and it didn't get there, but doesn't mean i don't have it.
i dont have pat but all my gear is less than a year old- does that make me less safe than someone with pat tested gear?

also, does it mean that much to the average consumer? probably not- my main reason for getting it was peace of mind and the a not so usp when talking to venues.

Have a disco
10-07-2006, 11:40 PM
if anyone is having difficulties do it via this route

http://www.admin.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/uploadpage.php

absolutely no reason for not getting of your bums and posting it.

I just renewed my PLI online and set the renewed certificate document via this, simple and no reason to use any excuses saying lost in post????

If you may notice Im hammering PLI more than Pat, there is no excuse for a lot of you out there, the site has now been running for over a year since I last made this gripe. I will harang you till it becomes the norm that PLI is essential

and elite check out your own listing under (search for a disco) maybe it is an oversite in which it gives you ample of time to correct it in all the sections you are in. Im not just trying to bully anyone, but make them aware of there short comings read the first post tell your mates pass the buck its in your benefit to ensure you are represented on the site as you wish to be with PLI & Pat.

Act like me in the Eastern region email those without either see if they respond buy supplying the MDD or MDA with it??

I am checking all in eastern region with websites and 3 did not even mention PLI or Pat information on there site or have verification banners on there sites.. I am fighting a one man battle, now is anyone willing to be pro active rather than sit and do nowt by helping me contact all those in there local area yellow pages as well as on this site

Corabar Entertainment
10-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Badger - leave it there, please. Bullying people will only put people's backs up and what is more, you are getting plenty of your facts wrong.

Corabar Entertainment
10-07-2006, 11:49 PM
....and what is more - DO NOT email all the other members to tell them to do it - you have no right to send out such things on behalf of MDD

Shaun
10-07-2006, 11:49 PM
and elite check out your own listing under (search for a disco) maybe it is an oversite in which it gives you ample of time to correct it in all the sections you are in.

You've completely lost me. Care to elaborate?

Corabar Entertainment
10-07-2006, 11:51 PM
It's one of the 'Facts' that he has got wrong Shaun.... he is crediting you with owning every disco with the word 'elite' in it, I believe.

Shaun
10-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Ahhh..thank you for clearing up my confusion Angela.

For the record I have only one listing in one section Badger.

Admin
11-07-2006, 12:55 AM
The owners of this forum would like to apologise to anyone in the Eastern Region who received an email from a member of this forum regarding uploading their PAT and PLI details for listing in the Directory.

We would like to make it clear that, whilst we would like to encourage you all to send in proof of your PAT & PLI, the email you may have received was in no way authorised or endorsed by the Mobile Disco Directory or any of it’s associated sites.