PDA

View Full Version : Rcf Art 325 A

Squelch
01-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I am thinking of getting a pair of RCF ART 325 A speakers,though I haven't heard
any yet.Are they as good as they are made out to be?

Gaz

Shaun
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Sound preference is a very personal thing. It's always advisable to hear a set of speakers first hand than going purely on recommendations.

That said, RCF have a nice tone to them. :)

Excalibur
01-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Sound preference is a very personal thing. It's always advisable to hear a set of speakers first hand than going purely on recommendations.

That said, RCF have a nice tone to them. :)

Indeed they have. Almost as nice as the tone on my Class D's.

Shaun
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Indeed they have. Almost as nice as the tone on my Class D's.

I've heard class d's too, and was surprisingly impressed. I'd like to hear a set alongside some class d subs.

Twinspin
01-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Sound is a very personal thing so its better to have a listen to a few different speakers before making the decision.

I listened to a few side by side and to my ears it was the RCF. I do think they are as good as what people say they are. They sound really nice.
a 15" you should get a good sound from.

I have 2x ART322A's 2x ART705 subwoofers. I get a lovely sound out of that powerful as well.

Excalibur
02-07-2010, 06:38 AM
I've heard class d's too, and was surprisingly impressed. I'd like to hear a set alongside some class d subs.
Many people are. The cabs with the compression drivers are nicer still. The small subs work fine, but are never going to loosen your fillings. The Pro audio 15" sub is again a major upgrade.

Sound is a very personal thing so its better to have a listen to a few different speakers before making the decision.

I listened to a few side by side and to my ears it was the RCF. I do think they are as good as what people say they are. They sound really nice.
a 15" you should get a good sound from.

I have 2x ART322A's 2x ART705 subwoofers. I get a lovely sound out of that powerful as well.

Can't disagree there John. :D :D :D

TONYTIGER
02-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi nothing wrong with the 325A ,but i think im right that these have the 2" exit driver hence the A prefix i used to have the 315A version and found they were very harsh with the 2" at close range but sounded fine at the back of the room go and have a listen i think you will be better of for disco work with the version with the 1" exit driver just my thoughts.

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I have a pair and don't find them harsh at all.

Squelch
03-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Is the Rcf Art 325 A better than the Mackie SRM450 V2 ?????

deltic
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
i listened to a few rcf's and found them very harsh / toppy just like the makies

in the end settled on the qsc K12's which have a fantastic sound

you really need to take a listen to a few pairs of speakers and make your own mind up,sound is very personal,what i like may not be to your taste and budget.

Squelch
03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
i listened to a few rcf's and found them very harsh / toppy just like the makies

you really need to take a listen to a few pairs of speakers and make your own mind up,sound is very personal,what i like may not be to your taste and budget.

Now I dont know what to buy.....I would have to be second hand whatever I bought ....I got £700 to spend anyone got anything for sale?

Excalibur
03-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Now you see, I wouldn't call either harsh. Might call the Mackies thin, but not overly so.
Yes, it's vital to hear before you buy, unless............................................ ..................

Now I dont know what to buy.....I would have to be second hand whatever I bought ....I got £700 to spend anyone got anything for sale?
Oh yuss. Class D subs and tops, with poles and cables, £300 from PP entertainments. Consideration for me bringing them further South, and you've still got enough left for a T Amp. Simples. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Oh nearly forgot, and you could probably afford Deltic's Warriors as well.

Squelch
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Oh yuss. Class D subs and tops, with poles and cables, £300 from PP entertainments. Consideration for me bringing them further South, and you've still got enough left for a T Amp. Simples. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

but they seem to be too cheep new......or am I being a snob?

Excalibur
03-07-2010, 12:17 PM
but they seem to be too cheep new......or am I being a snob?

Right, my first post was not entirely without humour, but:

The subs do exactly what it says on the tin. They're light, small, and reliable. They don't shake the optics off the bar, or make Granny's teeth shake loose.

The tops, well Corabar Steve loves his, I prefer the SP range.

As we always say, you've got to listen to anything before you buy it. I've run Class D kit A-B against Mackie and RCF. The Class D's are way outgunned by them for volume. Every time. No question.

The quality of sound though? Class D every time. More middle, more warmth.

Surely there's somebody nearer you with Class D kit? Yorkshire's a long way for a listen, though you'd be welcome. :D

Oh yes, and as for cost, well they're now almost twice the price they started at for some of the cabs.

Squelch
03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I have just found a pair of Pair of Rcf 525-A on the net for £950 if I sold my Martin Audios for £200 I could buy them....

Twinspin
03-07-2010, 02:09 PM
yes the RCF cabs do go very loud. But thats not why people buy them. Its the sound quality that draws people to them.

I think RCF sound lovely. Expensive system though but its the sound quality every time with them. theyre such a nice speaker and im proud to own a pair ive heard a few systems and there is only two systems ive heard up to now that would tempt me away.

and thats KV2 audio & Nexo.