PDA

View Full Version : Third Speaker

womble
05-07-2010, 09:24 AM
How could I wire up a third speaker in another room of a venue.

I've got my main set up on the stage, but for part of the night need people in the other room to hear me so I want to place a third speaker in that room.

My amp has R and L outputs and my JBL speakers only have inputs, no outputs, the class d's have an in and out so could I daisy chain one of those in on one side or would that mean my two on the stage would be unbalanced?

TONYTIGER
05-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi, lots of ways to do this does your mixer have booth output if so just run a extra speaker would be good if you have a powered one of of this and set booth to master this will then produce what,s going out on your main system.If you start hanging other speakers on to your amp check the ohms as your amp might start complaining.

womble
05-07-2010, 11:08 AM
I've got a few outputs on my mixer, but only have passive speakers...

DB Entertainments
05-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I've got a few outputs on my mixer, but only have passive speakers...

Run it from your booth - into a separate amp for the 3rd speaker and then obviously to the third speaker........

Excalibur
06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Run it from your booth - into a separate amp for the 3rd speaker and then obviously to the third speaker........

Correct. Just don't forget to press " post" if you've got a Denon mixer, and want the mic to be heard on the booth output.

yourdj
06-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Why not use wireless senders and an active speaker. i use a spendor studio monitor which works great.