PDA

View Full Version : Road Test ADJ Comscans

TONYTIGER
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Used the Adj Comscans at the week end in a medium size venue 20m x 18m ceiling height 4m here are my thoughts.

Pros.

Brightness outstanding ran some acme 250w scanners alongside comscans were brighter.

Stepper motors very smooth.

Sound to light nice pick up did not have to have to loud.

Built in shows 12 to chose from with the hand controller supplied some nice slow ones

Rigging so small and light nice bracket stays in place.

Operation with UC3 controller very simple nice click when you press the buttons you can select single gobo ,select the shows,also strobe with or with out sound.

Cons.

If you use the UC3 hand controller you can run through the 12 shows but you do not have a read out what number show you are on as the Led read out displaying this information is on the top panel of the scanner so you can not read when rigged.

Dmx if you use this you have to preselect show as i see no facilities to run through the shows (may be wrong) but no mention in the manual.

No colour wheel.

Conclusion. A great little scanner system for the money and well suited for the mobile market very simple plug and play and very effective.

Score 8 out 10 and will be adding some to our hire stock.

WWDJ
05-07-2010, 03:48 PM
do you know whether they are marketing a case for 2 or 4 units for these scanners ?

TONYTIGER
05-07-2010, 05:56 PM
do you know whether they are marketing a case for 2 or 4 units for these scanners ?

Hi, On the box they say Arriba AC 144 will house a 2 scanner kit ,i have looked it up and it is a Bag.
Protex do some very light weight cases that would suit.

ADJ
31-08-2010, 09:08 AM
i m trying to decide between 4 dynamo 250W or 4 comscans (or 2 stairville sc250 HID's)

any suggestions???

they will be used around ambient lighting

djchappers
17-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Comscans all the way... Pick up a pair a few days ago and they are more than bright enough and easy to set up. Not to mention the price.

Corabar Entertainment
17-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Hello there djchappers.

Please take a moment to have a read of this thread: http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11711

I look forward to reading your intro thread!

:thanks: