PDA

View Full Version : VDJ Automix

notroubleclubber
07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Hi

Im using the latest Virtual DJ with my hercules rmx. At the start of most discos i tend to load up a playlist i put together there and then of latest hits and stick it on autocue. However the fades are never very good. Ive tried adjusting the fader in the options for fade times but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Sometimes it fast fades into the middle of the next song whcih could sound awful or cuts the end of a good track off.

Anyone had any probs with this?

sweetie
07-07-2010, 09:53 AM
you can individually adjust the fade in and out points of each track but it's very timeconsuming

DJ James Lake
07-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Right click on the autoplay button and chose the type of autofade is all you need to do

notroubleclubber
07-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Cheers - will try this next time the laptop is out!
Thanks

DazzyD
08-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi

Im using the latest Virtual DJ with my hercules rmx. At the start of most discos i tend to load up a playlist i put together there and then of latest hits and stick it on autocue. However the fades are never very good. Ive tried adjusting the fader in the options for fade times but it doesnt seem to make any difference. Sometimes it fast fades into the middle of the next song whcih could sound awful or cuts the end of a good track off.

Anyone had any probs with this?

I had this problem just the other night. I rarely use automix but I was doing a karaoke and was using VDJ just for fill-in music. I did notice a few times that it seemed to jump about a minute or two in to the song instead of playing from the start. Not sure what caused this but the automix settings were about 6sec fades so I'm assuming this was a glitch and it shouldn't have been doing this? :confused:

DJ James Lake
08-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I had this problem just the other night. I rarely use automix but I was doing a karaoke and was using VDJ just for fill-in music. I did notice a few times that it seemed to jump about a minute or two in to the song instead of playing from the start. Not sure what caused this but the automix settings were about 6sec fades so I'm assuming this was a glitch and it shouldn't have been doing this? :confused:

No, you probably have the automix type set to remove silence, which will remove the beginning of a song if the level is low.

DazzyD
08-07-2010, 08:48 PM
No, you probably have the automix type set to remove silence, which will remove the beginning of a song if the level is low.

I still only use VDJ v4 so I don't have this level of control over the automix function. The mix settings are Force Fade: Enabled and Crossfader: Smooth with a 3.2 second fade length (could have sworn that was set at 6secs, though!). There is no remove silence option on there :confused:

DJ James Lake
08-07-2010, 08:54 PM
If you are a registered owner the upgrade should be free.

DazzyD
09-07-2010, 02:09 PM
I've upgraded via the VDJ site and it's cost me $49 (haven't worked it out in £s yet). I couldn't upgrade with login details as I don't have them. I bought the program over 3 years ago and I don't have the same email address so I can't even get it that way. But I'm hoping the cost is worth it.

I've installed it and I'm currently loading all my tracks in. I'll let you know how I get on.

DJ James Lake
09-07-2010, 03:53 PM
I've upgraded via the VDJ site and it's cost me $49 (haven't worked it out in £s yet). I couldn't upgrade with login details as I don't have them. I bought the program over 3 years ago and I don't have the same email address so I can't even get it that way. But I'm hoping the cost is worth it.

I've installed it and I'm currently loading all my tracks in. I'll let you know how I get on.

I think you will be pleased with all the improvements.

kilmeedyman
10-07-2010, 02:30 AM
you can individually adjust the fade in and out points of each track but it's very timeconsuming

Yes, but the fade in/out points are remembered for each track so if he's using regular tracks for background he would only need to set them once.

DJ James Lake
10-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Yes, but the fade in/out points are remembered for each track so if he's using regular tracks for background he would only need to set them once.

Still a very time consuming excersise when you have a lot of tracks to do. The VDJ automix when set on the correct setting does a very good job so not really necessary

notroubleclubber
18-07-2010, 12:37 PM
OK Update time!

I tried right clicking on the automix button last night but it only let me turn automix on or off and not another option. It was the same as clicking it with left button. The automix button was the small icon to the left of the playlist in VDJ. I believe its the latest version.

Booche
18-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Hope this image helps mate, i currently run VDJ 6..

Cheers Dave :)

notroubleclubber
18-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Aaah, i was clicking that actual automix symbol(like the Z one) NOT the + sign!
Thanks for help!
Will have to wait 2 wks now before i can try it!

Booche
18-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Aaah, i was clicking that actual automix symbol(like the Z one) NOT the + sign!
Thanks for help!
Will have to wait 2 wks now before i can try it!

No worries mate glad to have helped ;)

Cheers Dave :)