PDA

View Full Version : Snow machine

DJ Tony McQue
09-07-2010, 12:10 PM
A customer has just asked if I can supply one for a winter wedding. Instead of sending them off to the only place in Edinburgh that rents them, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the mini soundlab one which retails around £45?

http://www.jpgelectronics.com/products.asp?partno=G002DF

Disco Tech Liverpool
09-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Surely a snow machine will not be good for the dress or suit of the couple ?

JTRS
09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
A customer has just asked if I can supply one for a winter wedding. Instead of sending them off to the only place in Edinburgh that rents them, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of the mini soundlab one which retails around £45?

http://www.jpgelectronics.com/products.asp?partno=G002DF

Is that the one that puts out fake snow, ie it looks like snow falling but in reality it is suds? If so be careful because it will make any dance floor very slippy when it lands.

I'd stay clear and let the customer sort it out directly, that way they have no comeback on you for anything that goes wrong.

JTRS

DJ Tony McQue
09-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Is that the one that puts out fake snow, ie it looks like snow falling but in reality it is suds? If so be careful because it will make any dance floor very slippy when it lands.

I'd stay clear and let the customer sort it out directly, that way they have no comeback on you for anything that goes wrong.

JTRS

I was under the impression that it didn't release any moisture, if it does I would not touch it. I have told the client they should check with the venue first anyway, I don't want to destroy any flooring! My gut instinct is to stay clear and just get them to rent it if they want it, I just spotted the soundlab unit and thought it might be a good budget solution for them.

TONYTIGER
09-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I was under the impression that it didn't release any moisture, if it does I would not touch it. I have told the client they should check with the venue first anyway, I don't want to destroy any flooring! My gut instinct is to stay clear and just get them to rent it if they want it, I just spotted the soundlab unit and thought it might be a good budget solution for them.

As always got a couple of larger Antari snow machines in the hire stock,and yes they are just like foam machines just more broken up to look like snow,and yes lots of moisture horrible things but all right for kids they love the messy effects.

spin mobile disco
09-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah agree I have used in the past they are just a fine foam more than a couple of minutes and the floor has same sheen as using a bubble machine. i.e the more polished the dancfloor the slippier it becomes.

Jack
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
My main line of work is Children's Discos and I use a foam/snow machine at the end of most gigs. The children love it and it is relatively safe to use as I only use it at the end of gigs and most if not all of the residue is gone within 5-10 mins... proably because of the children smearing it in each others hair :)

Jack

JTRS
10-07-2010, 12:27 AM
My main line of work is Children's Discos and I use a foam/snow machine at the end of most gigs. The children love it and it is relatively safe to use as I only use it at the end of gigs and most if not all of the residue is gone within 5-10 mins... proably because of the children smearing it in each others hair :)

Jack

Your PLI insurers are OK with you using those machines????

Care to tell us who it is, mine point blankly prohibit them

JTRS