PDA

View Full Version : I pod problem

CRAZY K
17-07-2010, 01:31 PM
My Computers are struggling with i tunes and im confused.

My old PC with Windows XP happily let me import music from a hard drive to form my I pod collection.

I then synched it with the I pod and fine I have all the music in my personal
i tunes collection placed on my I pod.

So far so good.:D

Then I decided to upgrade and buy a second hand PC with Windows 7.

I want to use this as my I Tunes and I pod PC so I again imported music from my hard drive with a few extra songs added to it.

When I search the music collection all the music appears to be there HOWEVER as soon as I select a track to play it I get this message--

The song xyz could not be used because the original file could not be found--

To get the music imported I clicked on the command Import Folder which was showing Seagate Hard drive and I have obviously NOT imported all the MP3 files as they are not on the new PC.

I can tell that from the amount of space available on the PC hard drive.

Have I used the wrong method to import the MP3s from my Seagate Hard drive?

It certainly did not work.

thanks in advance

discomobiledj
17-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Is the external hardrive still connected to the PC? I use Windows 7 & Itunes (latest release) with no problems at all....when the cable is in at both ends of course!

DJMaxG
17-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Crazy K,
What is basically happening there is you have moved the file

ITunes knows where each and every file is stored

When you move it, it doesnt know where it is, and you have to go through each individual track seperately and browse to its new location.

It is probably best if you just wipe the whole thing completely, and start ITunes from scratch, then import everything in and it should be fine. I have had many problems with ITunes and how it works, so now I manually syncronise my files to the ipod using Mediamonkey (yes, its free)

Good luck with that - let us know how it goes :)

RabbittsKaraoke
17-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I had this problem but it was only a few tracks that were affected.

I had to locate each one manually :( :eek:

CRAZY K
18-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I had this problem but it was only a few tracks that were affected.

I had to locate each one manually :( :eek:

Thanks guys, yes its all very strange--I had no problem first time I imported to the old PC it all went smoothly with no problems.

I think I will wipe clean and try again--there were some error messages saying I tunes couldnt cope with certain files such as music tracks not properly tagged like track 01 track 02 etc which is fair enough.

What I hate about I tunes is you cant drag and drop like we do with normal music playout systems--i.e. Denon, Cortex etc.

Still, its designed for the home market not Professional Entertainers with four computers in the house with differing music collections on each computer/laptop:eek:

Is the external hardrive still connected to the PC? I use Windows 7 & Itunes (latest release) with no problems at all....when the cable is in at both ends of course!

Yes im past that stage--forgetting to plug things in;)

Thanks for confirming there are no issues with Windows 7 and i tunes--at least thats one possible problem out the way:beer1: