PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Sound Speakers?

JTRS
19-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I've been offered a pair of Turbo Sound TXD 151 speakers at a bargain price, they are coming out of a fixed install and apparently have had minimal use.

I've no experience of them and won't have chance to hear them in situ (listening to speakers in a garage/front room is never the same), so I was wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them. For the asking price they would be a bargain as second back-up's

JTRS

A1DL
19-07-2010, 10:11 PM
They are nice sounding 15" + 1" CD full range boxes, they do 70deg(H) and ~123dB/1m. Turbosound are a highly respected pro audio manufacturer up there with the best.

Out of interest, if these will become your backup cabs, what's your main foh?

DeckstarDeluxe
19-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Yep really good cabs. Used an pair only a couple of weeks ago.

JTRS
19-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Currently I use a pair of RCF's, my backup speakers are a pair of Idex speakers (these were my first speakers when I set-up last year, but as the money has come in it's been re-invested in better equipment, so my back-up system is practically everything I started up with).

I only said that I was thinking about the Turbo Sound as a back-up to the backup because I didn't know how good/bad they were, having read what you have said then I'm now thinking that they would be better for my first back-up (I never intended having a back-up to my back-up but the price was too good to refuse).

JTRS

djsteve10
19-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Turbo Sound is very nice sounding gear, If you don't have them I certainly will lol