PDA

View Full Version : Desktop or Laptop.....

discomobiledj
23-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm trying to decide between a desktop PC or a laptop (can't do Mac unfortunately).

Spec wise I'm looking at at least:

320gb hard drive
Absolute minimum 3gb ram
HD graphics if possible.
Touch screen would be brilliant (but in no way essential!)
Screen size minimum of 17"
And then the usual really.

Budget is about £500 but would go slightly over if there was something that was out of this world.

Must be able to run games such as Command & Conquer series, Flight Simulator, Championship Manager and similar games.

I've been looking for a while but everything now starts to look the same!

Danno13
23-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Unless it needs to be portable, then desktop everytime. You'll get much more for your money and they're much easier to upgrade individual components, than laptops.

DeckstarDeluxe
23-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Unless it needs to be portable, then desktop everytime. You'll get much more for your money and they're much easier to upgrade individual components, than laptops.

Seconded that!

notroubleclubber
24-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Id go desktop if you dont need to go mobile (ie, using it for gigs). Can always be upgraded easily.
I rebuilt my athlon 2400+ system with a complete bundle from maplins and it done me well for the last 2 years.
I dont play games on it but i have ps3 and xbox 360 as well as a mame arcade machine for that!

djdave01
24-07-2010, 10:36 AM
ive been using a self built small form pc for mobile use for the last 18 months. I built a box that houses the pc, mixer and screen. Problem is its very heavy and i hate having to lug it any distance or up stairs.

Ive just bought a new HP G72 laptop. Its a I3 intel with 2gig ddr and 17" screen. Not gigged with it yet but its working great so far.

DiscoPromotions
25-07-2010, 12:18 PM
You could get a PC built which is rack mountable like this

http://www.eclipsecomputers.com/product.aspx?code=CN-A480BK&af=50