PDA

View Full Version : Acme Magic Gobo

cosmicdiscos
25-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi All
after doing a disco last night upstairs where i used my 2 old NJD Chaos (1 of which is faulty and rotates constantly), i realised how much i missed the moonflower effect on the dancefloor, my usual setup is 2 x dynamos, 2x dynarocks, nebula & Tri-Phase.
I'm looking at getting a pair of Magic Gobos, does anyone know if they give the same spread as an njd chaos? i borrowed a couple of pumas last year and thought the spread was too narrow and the units were too heavy.
i can't stand dotty LED effects, LED's are good for uplighting and cans only imo.

any thoughts?

DynamoTom
25-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi All
after doing a disco last night upstairs where i used my 2 old NJD Chaos (1 of which is faulty and rotates constantly), i realised how much i missed the moonflower effect on the dancefloor, my usual setup is 2 x dynamos, 2x dynarocks, nebula & Tri-Phase.
I'm looking at getting a pair of Magic Gobos, does anyone know if they give the same spread as an njd chaos? i borrowed a couple of pumas last year and thought the spread was too narrow and the units were too heavy.
i can't stand dotty LED effects, LED's are good for uplighting and cans only imo.

any thoughts?

I have a pair of the Acme Magic Gobos and they are fantastic units for the price. The coverage is average. I used to have a pair of Acme exercets but I replaced the exercets with the magic gobos and I would never look back!

cosmicdiscos
25-07-2010, 03:09 PM
i used to have an excercet, i sold it. is the coverage the same as them?

DynamoTom
25-07-2010, 03:13 PM
i used to have an excercet, i sold it. is the coverage the same as them?

The coverage is a bit bigger and has more programs built in.

cosmicdiscos
25-07-2010, 03:15 PM
cheers mate. ive seen them advertised £140 a pair. might get some

DynamoTom
25-07-2010, 03:34 PM
cheers mate. ive seen them advertised £140 a pair. might get some

No problem mate.

Try a place called - Whybuynew.

UltraBeat Entertainment
26-07-2010, 07:41 AM
I've got a pair of Puma's and think they give off a great effect, Not the lightest effect in the world but are nice and bright (brighter than the Magic Gobo's).

Alex - Cream Ents
26-07-2010, 08:59 AM
The magic gobo's are great for the price, but bear in mind they're only a low wattage lamp. Coverage is about the same as the Pumas.

cosmicdiscos
26-07-2010, 01:48 PM
thanks, i've got my doubts now. i think the puma's coverage is rubbish.

Dynamic Entertainment
26-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Se i had Twister 4s, and Pumas in a side by side comparison, and the coverage was the same.

TONYTIGER
26-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi All

any thoughts?

You might change your mind " re dotty led effects,leds are only for uplighting" ,check out pics of gobos on the gallery. Leds are the future you just have to chose the right ones for your situation .

As a small sales outlet i am finding that sales of effects that take conventional lamps has dropped right off.

DJ Tony McQue
26-07-2010, 02:32 PM
You might change your mind " re dotty led effects,leds are only for uplighting" ,check out pics of gobos on the gallery. Leds are the future you just have to chose the right ones for your situation .

As a small sales outlet i am finding that sales of effects that take conventional lamps has dropped right off.

Which gallery shots are your referring to?

TONYTIGER
26-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Which gallery shots are your referring to?

Rig Down size TONYTIGER

DJ Tony McQue
26-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Rig Down size TONYTIGER

Agreed, they look fab!

Does anyone have any news on that 60 watt LED lighting effect that was due out around now?

TONYTIGER
26-07-2010, 05:21 PM
Agreed, they look fab!

Does anyone have any news on that 60 watt LED lighting effect that was due out around now?

Its the same Led that is in the Vizi spots ,just a selling point calling it 60 watt.