PDA

View Full Version : Ultimax stand information Bahmitza

DJ Tony McQue
25-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I am just about to purchase an Ultimax stand but need to know the following before purchasing. Now I have tried a search and have even tried emailing Ultimax themselves (the contact form on their website seems to be borked). So if anyone can answer the following, I would be very grateful:

1) Does the 2.5 metre crossbar on both the single bar and trusslite version of the DJ stand split in 2 for ease of transportation? (Like the Giraffe stand)
2) Is the black cloth solution they supply really as bad as some would make out? If so, is it worth buying it just to pimp it with some better grade cloth? I would buy the stand with wheels so I am guessing I wouldn't have the height issue..
3) I am still undecided about whether to go for the 1.2 metre stand or the micromax, would any users of the micromax stand that also use the laptop shelve you can buy for it be able to post a picture of how it looks and report on how they find it?

Thanks people!

Excalibur
25-07-2010, 04:26 PM
1) Yes.
2) Yes. And yes, it needs heavily modifying.
3) No idea, but you can buy crossbars independantly, so if you change your mind, it's not the end of the world.

Daryll
25-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I have the ultimax 1.2 stand.
the overhear trusslite comes in various lenghts , the 2.5m is made of 2 x 1
.25m sections , there other way to make 2.5 as well , Iused to have the 1.6m stand , so when I brouight the 1.2 cross pieces , I cut 500mm of one end of the trusslite ( mine is always in one piece as it fits in the landrover without taking apart).
I have no experience of the black cloth as you say , I use the auxiliary rail and a standard 2 x1 star cloth , fits well apart from the whole thing tapers in to the base , the advantage of the rail is , if you fitted the wheels on , all you do is drop the rail by the same height.

Daryll

soundmaster mobile disco
25-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Get yourself along to immages in livingston.they have the full selection on show in thye showroom.Just ask for barry,he will give you good advice

WWDJ
25-07-2010, 04:45 PM
I have the ultimax 1.2 stand.
the overhear trusslite comes in various lenghts , the 2.5m is made of 2 x 1
.25m sections , there other way to make 2.5 as well , Iused to have the 1.6m stand , so when I brouight the 1.2 cross pieces , I cut 500mm of one end of the trusslite ( mine is always in one piece as it fits in the landrover without taking apart).
I have no experience of the black cloth as you say , I use the auxiliary rail and a standard 2 x1 star cloth , fits well apart from the whole thing tapers in to the base , the advantage of the rail is , if you fitted the wheels on , all you do is drop the rail by the same height.

Daryll

same here. My overhead has been reduced to 1.6m so that it fits in the car, but i can still fit 5 lights.

i built my own rail to hold the cloth which cost me about £70 in materials, plus the cost of 2 cloths (nice to have a spare), which was about £30.

My stand is a 1.2m

The laptop shelf that fits on the vertical poles would get in the way on a micromax. I use a kamkase with a sliding laptop shelf as I find this much easier.

DJ Tony McQue
25-07-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful.

Get yourself along to immages in livingston.they have the full selection on show in thye showroom.Just ask for barry,he will give you good advice

I had been wondering what this lot are like but you have just sold them to me Gary, I will pop along next weekend. The only remaining disco retailer very near me seem to get a kick out of being truly appaling in every aspect of their service. 5 months on, I am still waiting to hear back about the CD decks I dropped in for repair! I am past caring now..

deltic
25-07-2010, 09:45 PM
if you use an aux horn you can use the shelf with the micro max