PDA

View Full Version : new centre piece ?

Daryll
01-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Totally bored with the impossibled :( , so its time to change , sort of narrowed it down to.

Martin wizard
Martin efx 500
Martin efx 600

iSolution HID-150 iShow 6B ,( or others in the range)
anything else I should consider ?

Cheers

Daryll

Silver
01-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Totally bored with the impossibled :( , so its time to change , sort of narrowed it down to.
I bought two Impossibled, personally never saw them as a centre piece, far too scattered, more as a room filler. Still, within 6 months I sold the pair (at a big loss http://planetsmilies.net/sad-smiley-8353.gif ). I know where you are coming from http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-814.gif. I now go for a colourwash and just either a couple of Martin scx500's or a couple of moving heads. Good luck trying to get it right! http://planetsmilies.net/winking-smiley-9359.gif

Charlie Brown
01-08-2010, 06:50 PM
Martin EFX 500 and you're sorted! :approve:

Daryll
01-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Martin EFX 500 and you're sorted! :approve:

do you use a controller Charlie ? , if so what one

Cheers

Daryll

Shaun
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM

Martin wizard
Martin efx 500
Martin efx 600

Cheers

Daryll

Best trying to see each of them in action if you can. Many love the EFX's, where I hated my EFX 600. The lack of separate gobo and colour wheel made the combinations extremely boring. I've not seen the iSolution 6b, but have just bought a pair of the 7b's (250w HID) - great lights but very heavy, large & bulky. So are the Martin's though.

Charlie Brown
01-08-2010, 07:09 PM
do you use a controller Charlie ? , if so what one

Cheers

Daryll

Nope!

I use two and link them up.

Perfect lights and look awesome with some haze/smoke.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Best trying to see each of them in action if you can. Many love the EFX's, where I hated my EFX 600. The lack of separate gobo and colour wheel made the combinations extremely boring.

And yet you use Led lighting? :p

DJ Tony McQue
01-08-2010, 08:09 PM

Martin wizard
Martin efx 500
Martin efx 600

Cheers

Daryll

I am also getting bored of my Impossibled and Miracled as centrepieces, I see why people on here are getting dotrage. Even though this is LED, it looks quite interesting and I am seriously condisdering a pair to add to the rig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECaYxMCIbA

Charlie Brown
01-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I am also getting bored of my Impossibled and Miracled as centrepieces, I see why people on here are getting dotrage. Even though this is LED, it looks quite interesting and I am seriously condisdering a pair to add to the rig.

It looks good but it's the same old same old.

Shaun
01-08-2010, 09:28 PM
And yet you use Led lighting? :p

Very true, but I know and accept the LED limitations as they're good filler effects. Maybe my expectations of the efx600 were too high, but at the price point it sells at I expected more and felt immensely let down. :)

TONYTIGER
02-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Very true, but I know and accept the LED limitations as they're good filler effects. Maybe my expectations of the efx600 were too high, but at the price point it sells at I expected more and felt immensely let down. :)

I agree martin is overpriced and starting to look very stale,they dont seem interested in the mobile market.
ADJ seem to be the company that is putting some thought into the mobile market and have some clever led stuff that is not all dots.

Booche
02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Ive been looking at replaceing my Revo 2 for the Revo rave as it has different gobos and various effects but would like to see one in action and some feedback on them first ;)

Cheers Dave :)

Pe7e
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM

Any idea on price and who have them on sale?

DeckstarDeluxe
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
Ive been looking at replaceing my Revo 2 for the Revo rave as it has different gobos and various effects but would like to see one in action and some feedback on them first ;)

HTFR might be worth a visit then Dave.

Booche
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM
HTFR might be worth a visit then Dave.

Scrap that idea as the email image i got is FALSE as it shows the revo rave and a image of 3 gobo effects but after watching the utube video its just dots again :(

DJ Tony McQue
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Any idea on price and who have them on sale?

It is on the promobile website, I assume the usual ADJ dealers will all be stocking it. It looks like a Miracled but the programming in it is just wild! Acme take note..