PDA

View Full Version : Another VDJ Question

notroubleclubber
04-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I have the latest VDJ on my laptop.

Uisng this all the time now for my playout and im quite happy as it does most of the things i want with my hercules rmx.

However i have another few questions:

1. Ive changed the automix feature top fade in/out (remove silence) but it doesnt remove the silence. Ive tried adjusting the times but doesnt seem to alter this. How can i sort this as it was on smart mix but kept cutting bits of the songs out and wasnt doing it "smartly"!
2. Once ive done a gig ive got a list at the bottom of the file list window of the tracks ive played. However how do i clear this as if i do a next gig im not sure what ive played this gig or the last!
3. The search feature doesnt seem to pick up all the tracks i have. I have edited all the tags using MP3Tag program but i still get tracks missing when i do a search though i can find them when i manually look even though im spelling them right.

Thanks

RabbittsKaraoke
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM
3. The search feature doesnt seem to pick up all the tracks i have. I have edited all the tags using MP3Tag program but i still get tracks missing when i do a search though i can find them when i manually look even though im spelling them right.

Thanks

Right click the relevant directory on the left and click "Add to search Db". This solves most of my missing file issues

notroubleclubber
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Right click the relevant directory on the left and click "Add to search Db". This solves most of my missing file issues

so if i did this on the main directory MUSIC (my hd is setup up as MUSIC/GENRE/ARTIST etc) then it should search correctly on the sub directories?

RabbittsKaraoke
04-08-2010, 09:26 AM
so if i did this on the main directory MUSIC (my hd is setup up as MUSIC/GENRE/ARTIST etc) then it should search correctly on the sub directories?

It ought to yes. If not, for whatever reason, try going through the sub directories rather than locating each individual file manually

notroubleclubber
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
This makes a bit of sense as i find if i cant find a certain track, i can go into a different sub directory and it might find it

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-08-2010, 03:24 PM
This makes a bit of sense as i find if i cant find a certain track, i can go into a different sub directory and it might find it

You shouldn't need to. Make sure you add to database and then recurse the main group.

notroubleclubber
04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
WIll have a play with this on saturday.
Many Thanks.