PDA

View Full Version : Light Control 2 Questions...

NeilP
19-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Is it possible to by-pass the micropone on Sound to Light Lights and somehow link them to the mixer (via a controller perhaps)?

and

Can you get a DMX controller that has an input from the Mixer to make the Lights react better on their S2L setting?

NeilP
22-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I'll take that as a no then!! :teeth:

dj_ags
22-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Is it possible to by-pass the micropone on Sound to Light Lights and somehow link them to the mixer (via a controller perhaps)?

and

Can you get a DMX controller that has an input from the Mixer to make the Lights react better on their S2L setting?

Im not sure on this one but i'll have a go anyway.

I think that you can do this, but only with a DMX controller. I think there is a "booth port" on the back of a mixer, that you would link the DMX controller to, via a cable (i think it is a 2xRCA to 2.5mm jack...but don't quote me on that) to the designated port at the back of the controller.

One controller that allows this function is the Chauvet TFX-24C Stage Designer DMX Controller found Here. (http://www.chauvetlighting.com/system/fixtures/tfx24c.html)

But i am sure that there are other controllers on the market that allow this. Just a case of searching for one that does.

Corabar Entertainment
22-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Again, don't know the answer, but in relation to what Ags has said.....
I think that you can do this, but only with a DMX controller. ....assuming they are DMX lights?!

dj_ags
22-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Again, don't know the answer, but in relation to what Ags has said..... ....assuming they are DMX lights?!

I suppose i was assuming a little bit :teeth:

Neil, could you confirm that they are DMX lights to save the confusion :teeth:

If they aren't, then does anyone have any idea of how to this?

NeilP
22-07-2006, 12:07 PM
My new lights are DMX, and i do intend to try and only buy DMX as it offers more flexability and control over a display. However, i do have three non DMX. Two old Skytec Double Crystals and a Baby Falcon. Neither of these lights is particularly responsive to sound, hence the idea of somehow by-passing the microphone and linking it to a controller that will tell the light what the beat of the music is.

With the DMX ones, it is just a case of finding a DMX controller that has this facility.