PDA

View Full Version : DJ Superstore BIG Weekend (21st & 22nd August)

Adam_F
11-08-2010, 11:54 PM
http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk

Loads of reps from the big names will be there demoing all the latest kit available - Pioneer, Numark, Denon, RCF, Vestax, Gemini, LD Systems, Akai, Reloop JBL, Soundcraft and DBX.

They also have DJ Slipmat (SL2 - On a Ragga Tip) confirmed to be playing each day too!

Anybody in the London areas going to this?

I'll be there both days, representing Pioneer, and will have all the latest toys to play with (CDJ 2000, DJM 2000, CDJ 850, CDJ 350 and the DJM 350).

So pop down :beer1:

Penfold42
11-08-2010, 11:55 PM
You're doing well then. :)

Adam_F
12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
You're doing well then. :)

All work & no play :beer1:

Corabar Entertainment
12-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Might pop down on the Sunday - depending on a few things :)

simonp
12-08-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.djsuperstore.co.uk

They also have DJ Slipmat

You missed that last 'T' off the end of Slipmat, if you mean Matt Nelson - worked with him at couple of the Ibiza Sundances in 97 :lol:

Adam_F
13-08-2010, 07:47 PM
You missed that last 'T' off the end of Slipmat, if you mean Matt Nelson - worked with him at couple of the Ibiza Sundances in 97 :lol:

Yeah, its Matt. Whoops!

Done a HTFR demo day with him a few years back, and know him from the Pro Audio Imports (Intimidation & Touch DVS) guys.

Corabar Steve
19-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Anyone other than us going then?

Corabar Steve
22-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Anyone other than us going then?
Well the answer to that was a resounding no.

It doesn't appear that it was publicised that well (if at all, other than on their website). They could learn a thing or two from Clive & the Lacey Green posse at CRS.

This show / open day should've been mentioned on the forums weeks ago, I saw nothing about it until Adam started this thread. In the couple of hours we were there, no more than a handful of people came though the door. If you don't know about something it's pretty hard to attend.

The staff / management could also benefit from a lesson from the folks at Entertainment House too. The only time we encountered anyone working there other than exhibitors was a nodded greeting when we passed one of the staff on the way in & there was no sign of any refreshments whatsoever. Not that we'd expect freebie food (Clive & the gang go above & beyond on that front) , but bearing in mind that it was on an industrial estate there was nowhere you could pop out to get something. Maybe if they want people to hang around at their next one (if they have one) they could arrange for a burger van or something in the (ample) car park. Somewhere to be able to sit down would've been nice too (Angela ended up perching on a speaker for a while) it's not as if they were wanting for room.

Couldn't really get the flavour of the store either, as most of their stuff had been moved out of the way to accommodate the exhibitors. Although from what we saw, I'd say they are a handy place to know about for anyone within striking distance of them (although they do seem reluctant to put prices on anything, even CDs & leads (actually there was a small price list for some of the leads stuck unobtrusively above a small selection).

A decent enough store by the looks of things although (as Angela said) the only thing that DJ Superstore did for today appeared to be was open the doors.

We had a good chat with Adam as well as a chap from LD / Adam Hall, Gary from Denon & a bloke from Gemini / Cortex who as under the misapprehension that nobody knew the two companies were one & the same when Cortex was launched (& kept trying to tell us what we had seen at PLASA that year).

All in all a decent enough few hours spent (followed by a mooch round Southend). I guess I'm just spoilt by Clive's open day / show & the likes of DJSN & BPM, it just felt like something (other than the other punters) was missing.

Adam_F
22-08-2010, 08:38 PM
We had a good chat with Adam

Good to catch up with you both, and actually chat with someone, who didn't want to play with the Pioneer kit LoL

It was a shame it wasn't as publicised as it could of been. It had the potential to be a good show, but alas, it didn't.

I'll pass your comments on, so he has some constructive feedback, from both the customers and the exhibitors.

Charlie Brown
23-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I take it they are a good company to buy stuff off?

Adam_F
23-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Yes Charlie, they're sound guys down there at DJ Superstore. I'd happily buy anything from them.

Charlie Brown
23-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes Charlie, they're sound guys down there at DJ Superstore. I'd happily buy anything from them.

I wouldn't have to if Advance Designs picked up their phone. ;)

Adam_F
24-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't have to if Advance Designs picked up their phone. ;)

James is MEGA busy at the moment, prepping for the rigging of 3 different marquees for the xmas period. Graham should be in the office though.

Charlie Brown
24-11-2010, 02:20 PM
James is MEGA busy at the moment, prepping for the rigging of 3 different marquees for the xmas period. Graham should be in the office though.

Yup - cheers Adam..

I've placed my order. :D

welby
24-11-2010, 04:01 PM
(Clive & the gang go above & beyond.....)

I must admit, Clive has set the bar very high, and would be hard to beat!

CRS1.com
25-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I have just seen this and I must say guys.....

Thank you for your great comments and I'm touched!

Good luck DJ Superstore and if you want to come on January 9th 2011 you are welcome to have a look round, Call me?

Charlie Brown
25-11-2010, 11:31 PM
I'd like to come down and make a night of it guys?

Corabar Entertainment
25-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Might be better to start a new thread rather than tack on the tails of this one, Charlie.

Charlie Brown
25-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Might be better to start a new thread rather than tack on the tails of this one, Charlie.

Done. :)