PDA

View Full Version : Plasa 2010

DeckstarDeluxe
12-08-2010, 05:10 PM
http://www.plasashow.com/

anyone going this year?

Being as Im full time dont see reason not to?

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-08-2010, 05:16 PM
.Cos it's a waste of time and not very relevant.

I never thought I'd say that, but after the last 2 years of going in and coming out within an hour, I've changed my mind.

DeckstarDeluxe
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Just noticed tickets are a tenner but are free if you had ordered them before March.....:S

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Unless you have a free ticket link...

DeckstarDeluxe
12-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Sweet.

I'm on the fence about going. If a few are and can share transport and rooms etc... then may as well.

rob1963
12-08-2010, 05:38 PM
it's a waste of time and not very relevant.

:youdaman:

Shakermaker Promotions
12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I went once many years ago and I was in there for about 30 minutes. I found it all a bit too geeky to be honest. My mate and I ended up going for a few beers which turned into a few more and then got the train home.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
12-08-2010, 06:04 PM
I Useually go! as Pulsar allways send me a free ticket
in fact last year i had a few days off and stayed 1 night in Big L!.I DID notice that the manufacturers had cut down on the freebies though!
in 2008 i drank Champagne and ate caviar on the Phillips Stand
in 2009 all i got was a cup of Water and a Blue plastic Frizbee!!!
times are hard Eh??
I wont be going this year as itll cost me 3 Gigs plus train plus hotel
i do attend Plasa Leeds though as its much more 1 man self employed orientated

cheers

flatliners
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
.Cos it's a waste of time and not very relevant.

I never thought I'd say that, but after the last 2 years of going in and coming out within an hour, I've changed my mind.

I agree

Corabar Entertainment
12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
As we get free tickets, and it's only the cost of a one-day travelcard for us, one or other or both of us may pop down... but only if we're not busy with other things.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I get free tickets too, but it's still pointless going if there's not a lot to interest me.

Corabar Steve
12-08-2010, 09:20 PM
It's a day out though & we don't get out much these days

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-08-2010, 09:22 PM

Is that violins I can hear in the background? :p

Penfold42
12-08-2010, 09:58 PM

2nd time today i've heard that.....:sj:
Love bonehead!

Plasa....WTF is Plasa......:D

Excalibur
12-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Nah mate. Banjos. :sofa:

Corabar Steve
12-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Nah mate. Banjos. :sofa:
That was when we were based in Chesham :sj: (don't worry, I'm only expecting Angela to get that)

Excalibur
12-08-2010, 10:35 PM
That was when we were based in Chesham :sj: (don't worry, I'm only expecting Angela to get that)

I know. You lived next door to the Chesham Banjo and Ukelele Marching Band . ;)

MBK
13-08-2010, 08:16 AM
I will be there have on missed out one year so far.....I can remember when the show was at the Novotel at Hammersmith when there were oonly a few exhibitors How long ago? how old do I feel now.....

Vectis
13-08-2010, 10:00 AM

:confused:

Excalibur
13-08-2010, 10:47 AM
:confused:

You're having me on, right? :confused: :confused: :confused:
You come from L********e originally. Never heard of George Formby? :confused: :confused:

The Ukelele Man - 24 Family Favourites: George Formby: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads

He has in his hand what is referred to as an Ukelele, but it looks like a Banjo. From Wiki:
A number of hybrid instruments exist, crossing the banjo with other stringed instruments. Most of these use the body of a banjo, often with a resonator, and the neck of the other instrument. Examples include the banjo mandolin, the Banjolin, and the banjo ukulele or banjolele, most famously played by the English comedian George Formby

Vectis
13-08-2010, 10:53 AM
You're having me on, right? :confused: :confused: :confused:
You come from L********e originally. Never heard of George Formby? :confused: :confused:

Ukelele[/COLOR][/B]-Man-24-Family-Favourites/dp/B002E2Z8PY/ref=sr_shvl_album_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1281692643&sr=301-3"]The Ukelele Man - 24 Family Favourites: George Formby: Amazon.co.uk: MP3 Downloads (http://www.amazon.co.uk/[COLOR="Red)

He has in his hand what is referred to as an Ukelele, but it looks like a Banjo. From Wiki:
A number of hybrid instruments exist, crossing the banjo with other stringed instruments. Most of these use the body of a banjo, often with a resonator, and the neck of the other instrument. Examples include the banjo mandolin, the Banjolin, and the banjo [B]ukulele or banjolele, most famously played by the English comedian George Formby

;)

The Ukulele Band of Great Britain are probably my all-time favourite covers band.

Excalibur
13-08-2010, 12:15 PM
;)

The Ukulele Band of Great Britain are probably my all-time favourite covers band.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I give up. Yet again Martin, you astonish me.

I thought you were jesting, but I find the band do actually exist. :eek: :o :o Ah well, a day without learning is a day wasted. :D

Vectis
13-08-2010, 12:25 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I give up. Yet again Martin, you astonish me.

I thought you were jesting, but I find the band do actually exist. :eek: :o :o Ah well, a day without learning is a day wasted. :D

The song that turned me on to TUBOGB was 'Dy-na-mi-tee' and I quickly came across 'Smells like teen spirit' which I thought was astounding.

YouTube- Dy-na-mi-tee

YouTube- The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain ownage

Sorry for going off-topic folks :muppet:

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Astounding isn't a word that I'd use...:sj:

TONYTIGER
13-08-2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.plasashow.com/

anyone going this year?

Being as Im full time dont see reason not to?

Yes ,have never missed one since they started,essential for me as i like to keep up with new technology but i think not very relevant to mobile disco sector.

DeckstarDeluxe
12-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm heading down for this so anyone that wants to meet up etc.. then give us a bell 07979928283.

DeckstarDeluxe
14-09-2010, 01:21 PM
On iPhone on way back now but boy am I glad I came. Spent a good eight hours at the show plenty of free drink and saw some awesome stuff. Big thing was led screens moving heads and led wash effects. Coming next year for sure :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Glad you had a good time Neil, but they've had exactly the same stuff for the last few years, which is the reason I didn't go this year.

If you've never been before, then I guess it's worth the trip.

Chris1984
14-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Glad you had a good time Neil, but they've had exactly the same stuff for the last few years, which is the reason I didn't go this year.

If you've never been before, then I guess it's worth the trip.

popped in today to have a meeting, was there for the build and as already said - same stuff different year - nothing to go wow about!