PDA

View Full Version : KAM powerbar

Spirits High
17-08-2010, 01:34 PM
I've now had the Powerbar for a week now and used it on 3 gigs as the only lighting. 2 Weddings and a 60th Birthday party.

I'm very impressed with it. From the off it comes well packaged and seems at this stage to be well built.

Simple to use as plug and play but the foot switch enables some decent control over it. I've posted a couple of pics (you may have seen them in the gallery)

First is a Wedding at Ringwood Hall hotel in a large function room the 2nd is the 60th in the Cube in Derby which as you can see I was backed onto the very large glass front. This was quite amusing later on as the pubs were kicking out and drunk people were walking passed my glass box of dancers :D

Overall it's (obviously) cut down on up & out times and believe it or not at the 3 gigs no one staff or clients said anything about only having that as lighting ;)

There's a video of about a min and a half aswell for you to have a watch of.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/polobloke/th_KAMpowerbar.jpg (http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/polobloke/?action=view&current=KAMpowerbar.mp4)

Shaun
17-08-2010, 02:09 PM
They're a lot brighter and provide a lot more coverage than I'd imagined (which is a good thing). Really liking those. :approve:

Creature
18-08-2010, 02:20 AM
my new power bars go out for 1st time this weekend (after selling my par bars). I did notice that Kam have changed the set up details in the manual now so getting them to DMX together was faultless.

Booche
18-08-2010, 02:31 AM
While they look good and cut down setup/pack down times im still not 100% sure about them as the last video bit were they are flashing like mad look abit like the led traffic light's you can buy :( although when they are set to a certain color they look like they are a really good set of lights.

Also never thought about setting lights away from the booth/stand think i might try that one day :) do you think this is only doable with this kind of lighting or would you set other lights away from the booth/stand ?

Cheers Dave :)

Creature
18-08-2010, 09:13 AM
as the last video bit were they are flashing like mad
they only need the sensitivity turning down

Spirits High
18-08-2010, 09:53 AM
they only need the sensitivity turning down

Still need to fine tune that bit :D

I had it turned down for the 60th party and they weren't as mad!

Creature
18-08-2010, 10:07 AM
I had it turned down for the 60th party and they weren't as mad!

If you DMX them then you use the menu to slow em down or speed em up, the sesitivtey knob is over ridden

Spirits High
18-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Also never thought about setting lights away from the booth/stand think i might try that one day :) do you think this is only doable with this kind of lighting or would you set other lights away from the booth/stand ?

Depending on what type of lighting stands you have depends on how you do it. If you remember whe I did that 13 YO birthday party with the floor. I had the 4m truss with moving heads on set up away from the both so it went over the dancefloor.

So the answer to your question is Yes in certain circumstances ;)

Booche
18-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Depending on what type of lighting stands you have depends on how you do it. If you remember whe I did that 13 YO birthday party with the floor. I had the 4m truss with moving heads on set up away from the both so it went over the dancefloor.

So the answer to your question is Yes in certain circumstances ;)

Ahhh yeah :) Thankyou Paul :D

Cheers Dave :)

djsteve10
18-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I bought the KAM powerbar just after Paul had uploaded his pictures into the gallery section of the forum.

I used to have the original KAM ParBar but I wasn't impressed by the overall brightness so I have now got the Powerbar and the power output is very good.

At the weekend I did a large venue around the size of what Paul did and I used the Powerbar with a single EFX500 and the EFX500 was just lost on the dancefloor.

I am just trying to find a light that you can accompany the powerbar with that won't look lost with the colour that it's putting out.

The other thing I like about it is how quick you can set them up and have them packed down in. No wiring to do just power leads and the foot controller and you're away.

The unit has some very good built in programs, Even the sound to light is pretty good if you turn the sensitivity right down so it doesn't go wild with loud music.

There is a slow colour change and also a slow colour fade which I think is really cool for early doors.

You can also set the unit to static colours like what Paul did early doors which is also pretty handy especially for stage lighting use as I am sure they are bright enough for that too.

All in all I will say the powerbar isn't cheap but it is worth the money when you see the effect that it puts out.

I am impressed!

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
20-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Ive Just Bought a second hand PAR BAR off Huma and i must say im really pleased with it!
What am i missing on not having the Power Bar?
thanks for the pics
Id probably not go out with just the PAR BAR but its very very bright.

cheers

Creature
22-08-2010, 02:17 AM
The par bar is some 300 times brighter :) but then costs almost double teh prive of a par bar.

But I gotta admit just got back from weekends bookings and use the power & the par bar - The Par Bar got put away after teh bands 1st set - luckily ive sold the pair of em :) to the band for what i paid for them new 3 months ago :)

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
22-08-2010, 01:07 PM
The par bar is some 300 times brighter :) but then costs almost double teh prive of a par bar.

But I gotta admit just got back from weekends bookings and use the power & the par bar - The Par Bar got put away after teh bands 1st set - luckily ive sold the pair of em :) to the band for what i paid for them new 3 months ago :)

300???? are you sure???
im sure thats not possible

cheers

Spirits High
22-08-2010, 01:10 PM
300???? are you sure???
im sure thats not possible

cheers

Yep......Well if you're talking %'s ;)

From this page on the KAM website:

http://www.kam.co.uk/index.php?action=product&product_id=308

This high powered Tri-LED model is 375% brighter than the award winning Kam LED Parbar!

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
22-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Flipping heck its
Full SSP inc VAT £589.95 !!!
Thats Dear!!!!
Heres my PAR BAR enjoying its first 2 Gigs!
6th Birthday Party Large WMC
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/parbargig1.jpg

Nice Wedding at a Manor ( cables not tidied i need l o n g Iec Leads!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/parbargig2.jpg

1200 Watt Power Box Plus Active Bass Bin Blew the Next Doors (Hotels own)
Dj Away
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/1200wattbox.jpg

Cheers

Im enjoying a much much faster Build up n knock down time
also the top row of Knobs are great for fixing on small Lasers or
Light LED effects!
Im maybe thinking the POWER BAR would be much too bright
and Wash out my other LED FX??

Cheers