PDA

View Full Version : Lasers - Ebay

Alex
24-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Purchased my first ever laser from Hong Kong the other week... and boy am I impressed!!

Firstly, I should provide a link to the provider...
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sunytrade.co.ltd/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I purchased the small laser unit which is currently averaging around £25-£30 pounds called Aura Lighting.

At first I thought.... wont last, but worth a shot! And true to form, the light arrived, and after plugging it in, the RED laser diode blew.
Contacted the supplier and within 4 days I had a replacement diode (repair was VERY VERY easy... simply plug and play)
--- so for starters GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Anyway... the light unit itself is fairly small and comes with a nice tripod stand incase you don't want to mount it to your rig.... Use of it is very easy, and the speed of the laser clusters can be adjusted according to what you need.

The coverage of the light is OUTSTANDING! I kid you not, I was easily able to cover a 25ft x 25ft square... and could cover more if needed.
Personally I think two would be plenty for a large function.

The company also offer other laser types... and if they are of the same build of the Aura Light.... WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!

I'll post some pictures and videos shortly.

NKR
24-08-2010, 07:50 PM
I still can't seem to get a straight answer from anybody regarding laser safety so there are none on my rig. What does the manual say regarding placement and crowd safety?
The one I did have required it to be over 3.5 metres about ground level, which is a fair way up.

Megamix
24-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Have you used it much? - Would you say the build quality is comparable to other makes sold in the UK?

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
24-08-2010, 11:50 PM
I Bought one and i must say i personally think its rubbish.

1 theres a lethal 2 pin continental power unit (PAT test fail).alsp not ce approved.

2 theres a lethal (NO FUSE!) bodgit adaptor to our uk 13amp plugs.

3 the "Manual" is a bit of a4 single sided written in chinglish.with absolutely no useful information within it.

Im not impressed by any part of its construction,(just my personal opinion)
The laser looks like a cheap toy.
the main worry is the safety of the possibly dangerous non CE switchmode power supply!
Be careful plugging it in as live pins are exposed!

Oh yes and i cant stand sellers with PRIVATE FEEDBACK

cheers

Creature
25-08-2010, 01:37 AM
looked at them and didnt like the adaptor/plug so brought some similar of ebayer.com

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/180178

Used them for the 1st time last weekend for the band area - attached them to my speaker poles and had them pointed about 45 degrees towards the rear of the stage.

They got many good comments over the weekend and the bands liked them as well. I thought cheep n nasty when i brought them and didnt expect much - but they have won me over so far.

The pattern is similar to the Kam Starcluster and teh coverage area is very similar, but in a much smaller package. I did drop one whilst mounting and the case didnt crack and it still worked. They were on for 9 hours Friday and 15 hours on the Saturday.

Will be using again at next booking near Oxford in a few weeks time.

If they prove to be reliable and stand the pace then I will buy another 1 to replace the Kam Starcluster.

Creature
25-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Brought one of these on Ebay from Hong kong last year

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-4-lens-red-green-DJ-Club-Party-Disco-laser-light-/280548834531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_3842wt_911

Apart from the mike sensitivy knob coming loose and the unit only working intermitantly. I took it apart at the earth strap is mounted on the mike sensitivity knob . tightend up with a bit of torque seal and never been a problem since.

According to my service log for it it has now covered over 600 hours of use and is the main laser when I am using the Trusses

Chris1984
25-08-2010, 07:21 AM
I still can't seem to get a straight answer from anybody regarding laser safety so there are none on my rig. What does the manual say regarding placement and crowd safety?
The one I did have required it to be over 3.5 metres about ground level, which is a fair way up.

what are you unsure about?

Rowleys
25-08-2010, 08:32 AM
I got a Cluster laser and it has gobo's. The powerpack is 6volts the compony i got if from was top order and got the item the next day and fully works..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130413181117&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Creature
25-08-2010, 09:33 AM

Not seen this on any of the Lasers ive brought this year ( now got about 6 of em). In fact most state they are passive lasers so they dont hurt the eyes.

I have mine near the floor on me Gurrafe stand on my speaker poles and on me gantrys and have not yet complaints.

If your not sure you could always go down to your local disco shop and ask for a demo - then read the manual.

yourdj
25-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Is there a way i can get this to be converted for a kettle lead?

I assume not as its a pain in the bum having a transformer with my set up as everything plugs in to one socket on a tbar.

would not want misc lights sitting elsewhere other than par cans.

yourdj
25-08-2010, 10:10 AM
I got a Cluster laser and it has gobo's. The powerpack is 6volts the compony i got if from was top order and got the item the next day and fully works..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130413181117&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Oh good they are based down the road from me (and you alex) :)

They do not have a pic of the laser? i assume its the tiny ones they had in the showroom the other day :confused:

CRAZY K
25-08-2010, 10:14 AM
what are you unsure about?

Safety of course;)

MBK
25-08-2010, 11:00 AM

There is a guide http://www.terralec.co.uk/_client00-soundLighting/images/uploaded/pdf/laser_safety_manual.pdf
Here hope that it helps you to stay safe.

Creature
25-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Is there a way i can get this to be converted for a kettle lead?

yourdj not sure if you mean the original thread starter or teh link i added - moine have allready been converted to IEC :)

big beat discos
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Purchased my first ever laser from Hong Kong the other week... and boy am I impressed!!

Firstly, I should provide a link to the provider...
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/sunytrade.co.ltd/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I purchased the small laser unit which is currently averaging around £25-£30 pounds called Aura Lighting.

At first I thought.... wont last, but worth a shot! And true to form, the light arrived, and after plugging it in, the RED laser diode blew.
Contacted the supplier and within 4 days I had a replacement diode (repair was VERY VERY easy... simply plug and play)
--- so for starters GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Anyway... the light unit itself is fairly small and comes with a nice tripod stand incase you don't want to mount it to your rig.... Use of it is very easy, and the speed of the laser clusters can be adjusted according to what you need.

The coverage of the light is OUTSTANDING! I kid you not, I was easily able to cover a 25ft x 25ft square... and could cover more if needed.
Personally I think two would be plenty for a large function.

The company also offer other laser types... and if they are of the same build of the Aura Light.... WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!

I'll post some pictures and videos shortly.

hi did you get it through customs ok without having to pay added charges cheers:muppet: