PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Ball Hire

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I need a large one -the biggest I have seen without getting too ridiculous is 54" and that goes out for £250 a night!

Any links/ideas?

wensleydale
27-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I've got a giant mirror ball- how big do you need?
Not sure of the exact measurements- its in storage at the moment but easy to get back.

TONYTIGER
27-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I need a large one -the biggest I have seen without getting too ridiculous is 54" and that goes out for £250 a night!

Any links/ideas?

Batmink Glastonbury do a 1m i think its a £100 with motor.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Batmink Glastonbury do a 1m i think its a £100 with motor.

I have an account with them - I'll have a looky, thanks Tony.

Pe7e
27-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Any links/ideas?

They're expensive to hire because the professional ones cost a small fortune to buy £4K - £6K. Have you considered using 3 or 4 smaller ones and hanging them a bit lower so they don't appear to be so small, 40 - 50mm dia ones can be found for £50 - £60 or so each, to purchase outright. Alternativly a cheap 106cm (circa 4') mirrorball can be purchased for £475, use it, and then hire it out yourself.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I've got a giant mirror ball- how big do you need?
Not sure of the exact measurements- its in storage at the moment but easy to get back.

It's for a wedding in a barn and the client wants minimal lighting in the form of a large mirror ball. I said I'd look and see if I could hire one - they already have winches and trussing etc

Cab you find out how big yours is Rich? :eek: :D

wensleydale
27-08-2010, 07:11 PM
It's for a wedding in a barn and the client wants minimal lighting in the form of a large mirror ball. I said I'd look and see if I could hire one - they already have winches and trussing etc

Cab you find out how big yours is Rich? :eek: :D

24 inches rings a bell, but I may be wrong. Will measure it if I get a chance.
Would that suffice?

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-08-2010, 07:13 PM
24 inches rings a bell, but I may be wrong. Will measure it if I get a chance.
Would that suffice?

24" is normally more than enough, but I will have to check what kind of girth the client is after.

:D

wensleydale
27-08-2010, 07:19 PM
24" is normally more than enough, but I will have to check what kind of girth the client is after.

:D

ok
will try and get down to the lockup over the weekend.
it may need a little tlc - I havent used it too much since our wedding, but a few tiles replacing is all it should need unless you need it to be pristine.

TONYTIGER
27-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I have used the 1m ball a few times,the bit you have to take into account is the method of lighting it . Pin spots don,t really cut it ( sorry Rob) i use a couple of follow spots or some sort of profile that has a adjustable iris.
I think there is a pic on my site.