PDA

View Full Version : 00DJ advice

funkymook
29-08-2010, 03:28 PM
At the moment I use a HD2500 and BU4500 cd decks and have a Numark IDJ for back-up (the twin dock one- have 2 ipods with pretty much everything on them). But I'd like a better back-up system.

I have an opportunity to get an 00DJ Mk3 in mint condition for a very good price (much less than half price). I was thinking of playing out with the 00DJ with the HD2500 as back-up - but would like some advice/opinions from members who have used the 00DJ (searched a few threads here already, but nothing that really answers my questions).

How easy is it to use the HD2500 as a controller for the 00DJ and swap between them on the fly for playback? Or is there a significantly better option for a controller than the HD2500? (Bearing in mind I don't need to do anything really fancy, just basic segueing, setting start points and the odd loop now and then)

How easy is the 00DJ to use from it's touch screen without a controller? Is it easy to hit the wrong thing, or pretty foolproof with a bit of practice?

If the hard drive in the HD2500 goes down whilst playing would it still work as a controller (with minimum disruption to the flow of music).

Ideally I want to take as little out with me as possible - so leaving the B4500 unit and 3 cases of cd's at home is an option and going 100% digital instead - or should I keep the BU4500's and cd's as further back-up?

Following on from the last question - can the 00DJ (with PCDJ - not sure which version) be used to control the BU4500's ?(I assume some sort of USB connector would be necessary if it could). Or is there another USB connected cd player option?

Importing music into the 00DJ - how easy is it from iTunes? and from CD's?

And finally - any other options insted of the 00DJ keeping in mind what I want to do (keep it light, take less equipment if possible and be reliable)