PDA

View Full Version : No wonder we get such a bad name

Ricesnaps
23-07-2006, 10:35 AM
And we wonder why the public perception of disco's is the way it is....

Just watching the first episode of "The Chase". Wedding in a marquee. Disco consists of a white tressle table (lovely white cloth on it though) and four spot boxes stood on the table!

CRAZY K
23-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Must be a repeat Rice.

I posted this a few days ago--but yes absolute joke!

I used those kinda lights in the 70s! or was it the 60s :teeth: :teeth:

CRAZY K

Ricesnaps
23-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Must be a repeat Rice.

I posted this a few days ago--but yes absolute joke!

I used those kinda lights in the 70s! or was it the 60s :teeth: :teeth:

CRAZY K
Sky+, getting a bit backed up, got that postman thing to watch next

Thames Valley Discos
23-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Its a show, i,m sure the perception of a mobile disco isn,t based on this episode surely?

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Its a show, i,m sure the perception of a mobile disco isn,t based on this episode surely?

Yeah. but whenever have you seen a DJ or mobile disco portrayed in a good light on TV?

Classy looking, professional rig, smart DJ etc etc?

Doesn't happen does it?

Ricesnaps
23-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I think the problem here is that actually it probably is. Sure one disco on one TV drama isn't going to set the world on fire, but the problem is this isn't the only drama. Generally, when you see a disco at a school or a wedding or at a pub on a TV drama it IS like this. TV is a very powerful medium, so to suggest that people don't base there perception of things on a TV show is IMHO a dangerous thing to do!

A1DL
23-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I think Ricey's got a good point, it's a perception thing.

Another recent example was on Eastenders where the DJ for Billy's (first) wedding blew out on the day, and Phil goes off and hires a pair of Technics.

Perception. TV is a very powerful medium and examples such as this plant seeds in Joe Publics' heads

Groove Spinner
23-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Having recently watched lots of wedding programmes of Discovery Home & Health, every DJ shown was of a similar standard. One (very expensive) wedding had the bride & groom doing their first dance to the light of some badly focussed Vastos! Very classy... Mind you, that was probably the resident, and what do you expect for the money - the 'quality' hotels I've spoken to generally pay around £200 to an agency, who pay the DJ £150. The clients get charged from £250 upwards!

No wonder nobody wants to pay good money for a DJ when they believe that even expensive DJs are lousy quality...

Thames Valley Discos
23-07-2006, 02:19 PM
BUT, they still book you though. And wow, what a suprise for them when you turn up, looking so much more professional than the one they saw on neighbours.

Richie
23-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Maybe you should offer your services to the television industry when they need a mobile disco for a drama.

Have a disco
23-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I willingly offer my services to TV Industry just send them an email soon As I get all there addresses LOL at least everyone could laugh at a real disco and DJ for once rather than a few props and a backing track with non dj nobby no nuts acting

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I willingly offer my services to TV Industry just send them an email soon As I get all there addresses LOL at least everyone could laugh at a real disco and DJ for once rather than a few props and a backing track with non dj nobby no nuts acting

Yeah, you'd fit the bill for the kind of thing they normally have... :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Shaun
23-07-2006, 07:47 PM
"Shabba!"