Did a system restore the other day and that's when it happened
thanx

WWDJ
30-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Can anyone help i am not getting any sound on my pc through headphones
Did a system restore the other day and that's when it happened
thanx

Not really much to go on at this point.
have you checked Device Manager for any problems.

flatliners
30-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Comes up in audio and sounds properties no audio device

simon1969
30-08-2010, 09:16 PM
What was the reason you did system restore?

flatliners
30-08-2010, 09:18 PM
pc was slow msn playing up

simon1969
30-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Strange !?!
You looked in control panel to try and rectify it?

discomobiledj
30-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Have you unmuted the sound channels?

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2010, 10:11 PM
This is a common problem - it happened to one of the kids laptops.

Shaun - can you find the mixer or the volume icon or has that disappeared too?

flatliners
30-08-2010, 10:16 PM
This is a common problem - it happened to one of the kids laptops.

Shaun - can you find the mixer or the volume icon or has that disappeared too?

Its gone just like my brain

flatliners
30-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Is 39 to young go on a silver surfer course

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Right click on my computer and click on properties. Then click on device manager and then on sound and video controllers and see if the sound card is there. Report back.

StarZSoundS
30-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Spooky Spooky Spooky.....

This afternoon the same thing happened to me.....5 minuites before a gig.Had to use my back-up Lap-Top...Which i'm not in love with....

Just about got away with it tho!!;) ;) ;)

At the end I replugged my primary Laptop in exactly as I had it before ...and hey presto!!Must have been a dry joint or loose connection??Boy....did I swear!!!:banghead:

flatliners
30-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Right click on my computer and click on properties. Then click on device manager and then on sound and video controllers and see if the sound card is there. Report back.

Its there but next to the speaker icon there is a small yellow circle with a black !

DazzyD
31-08-2010, 06:53 AM
So it's reporting an error. Could be a number of things. First, the sound card could have come unseated in it's socket which is simply a case of taking it out and putting back in again.

The most likely thing is that it's a driver problem so you should delete the drivers for it, restart your computer, the computer should pick up that it's found new hardware and start the installation process again.

Also, your system restore may have also rolled back your sound card driver to an earlier version which could also cause problems if other drivers on your system have been updated. Check for the latest drivers on your sound card manufacturer's website.

For more detailed help, open up Window's Help and Support Centre and type in "device manager" then click on the link for "Get help with Device Manager errors". This contains helpful info and also links to further help on the MS website.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
31-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I allways take a twenty quid Craplins usb sound card just in case any of my ageing Laptops decide to ignore the sound card.

Cheers