PDA

View Full Version : VDJ help please

deltic
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
currently trialing vdj 6.1 on my macbook and there is a couple of things i really need help with.

i can manage the basics and am only really wanting to use it for video.

the 2 things i would like to be able to do are

i would like to be able to display my logo on the screen when not playing video and secondly i would like an easy way to display text also when not playing video something like happy birthday malcolm.

your help would be much apreciated chaps

DazzyD
02-09-2010, 08:26 AM
These functions are both in the Effects menu (3rd tab along).

To display your logo during audio only files, put your logo in a folder on your hard drive all by itself. Then go to the effect Slideshow. Click Open... then locate the folder and select your logo file. Click Open. Then, click Config to open the options menu and click the Video tab. The very last option (Use this plugin...) should be ticked and from the pull down menu select Slideshow. Click Ok. Now, whenever you're playing music-only files, your screen will display your logo.

As for text, just use the Text effect. Simple as that! Well, not quite. I find that it won't let me type text direct in the box so I type it using Notepad then copy it, go to the text input box on VDJ, right click and choose Paste. This seems to do the trick!

djdave01
02-09-2010, 08:32 AM
i use a program called blufftitler to create 'happy birthday' type messages, it can create a mpeg video file which you can just run from the clipbank. little bit complicated to start with but once you get used to how it works its easy enough.

as for your logo, if you have it saved as a picture file, just load it into the slideshow and it will display on your tv screen.

jamesh
02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Either that or use the Show Logo plugin directly available from the VDJ website... You can decide where you want your logo and how big and it will be on screen no matter what... It also frees up the slideshow to be used for what's it's meant for then - showing a slideshow of pictures :p

DazzyD
02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
i use a program called blufftitler to create 'happy birthday' type messages, it can create a mpeg video file which you can just run from the clipbank. little bit complicated to start with but once you get used to how it works its easy enough.

as for your logo, if you have it saved as a picture file, just load it into the slideshow and it will display on your tv screen.

Now there's an idea! I've got an old copy of Xara 3D which will be excellent for making rotating 3D logos and messages like this. Oh, and I've just gotten Xara XS off this months computer mag cover disc. Maybe I'll be giving that a try, too!

Either that or use the Show Logo plugin directly available from the VDJ website... You can decide where you want your logo and how big and it will be on screen no matter what... It also frees up the slideshow to be used for what's it's meant for then - showing a slideshow of pictures :p

C'mon, James. You're making this TOO easy!! :D

deltic
02-09-2010, 02:39 PM
cheers guys gives me something to work on,the logo was easy just need to try the text thing

again thank you for the help