PDA

View Full Version : Using a Denon HD2500 with PCDJ

ian8limelight
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
I have been using my HD2500 with external hard drives ever since I got it. Recently I have acquired a new laptop (via a mobile phone upgrade) and was hoping to use it to run PCDJ (as it's about the only software that I have used in the past).

Having spoken to young Steve earlier, just whilst I was talking about changing to the new Denon 4500, he is of the very good opinion that my current HD2500 will operate PCDJ.

Can anyone give me their experiences of this please?

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Young Steve? :confused: :sj:

Which version of PCDJ is it Ian?

Only the newer versions have midi capabilities I think. I have used the HD2500 with Virtual DJ and it works natively, but the screen doesn't display anything.

ian8limelight
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Young Steve? :confused: :sj:

Which version of PCDJ is it Ian?

Only the newer versions have midi capabilities I think. I have used the HD2500 with Virtual DJ and it works natively, but the screen doesn't display anything.

Bless him, he's a good man.

I haven't purchased any version of PCDJ as yet, but looking at the newest version of 'Red Mobile'. I am, however, open to offers on anything else suggested :beer1:

ian8limelight
05-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I did also look at the 'Dex' version but it's probably got more facilities than I would tend to use personally.

I haven't really looked into any other DJ software but am open to suggestions and observations from others.

Gary
30-09-2010, 12:22 AM

This is pretty much the overall conclusion.

However, dont worry if you've got an older DN-HD2500...any unit can have older firmware inside, updated to the latest firmware simply by downloading the firmware update (to give you MIDI controller functionality) from the Denon website onto a USB pen/thumb drive and then uploading the firmware into the DN-HD2500.

After that, yes...you'll need to map the keys/controls on the DN-HD2500 to the various functions within the "DJ" software, or load a midi map file that another user has already made.

It's true that the DN-HD2500 display doesnt display any track information whilst the unit is in MIDI mode - the screen just shows a status message to say that you're in Midi mode. - obiously all your track info is shown on the main laptop screen still.

funkymook
30-09-2010, 09:31 AM
PCDJ Red should have the HD2500 already in its list of controllers - I don't think all the on screens functions are available via the HD2500 though. Best thing of course is to try it and see it it gives you enough control for your needs before buying another controller - download a trial copy from PCDJ and test it out.

WWDJ
30-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Traktor supports the HD2500 in midi mode. I believe Virtual DJ does too.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Traktor supports the HD2500 in midi mode. I believe Virtual DJ does too.

I have used the HD2500 with Virtual DJ and it works natively, but the screen doesn't display anything.

Sheesh....:D

WWDJ
30-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Sheesh....:D

That's why i believe does :D