PDA

View Full Version : Flat screen tv

MikeW
04-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi everyone

Just looking for some information on displaying photographs on possibly a 22" flat screen tv, which I plan to mount on my crossbar.

At the moment, I don't plan to link it to a laptop and was wondering who else does this.

In its basic form, I would have thought the client could give me their photographs either on disc or on a stick?

I may also want to advertise the disco on the screen as well (possibly just my logo)

Is all this possible? Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

WWDJ
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Perfectly possible. See my setup from last saturday.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28255

I use a laptop to display pictures, primarily because I have not found a screen/tv that can do a USB photo show, although what you are suggesting would be neater and less setup time.

My screen is a 23" which was about £109 from ebuyer about 10 months ago. Prices for bigger screens have dropped since then so i would be looking at a 24" or above right now if i was going to replace.

MikeW
04-09-2010, 09:39 AM
Perfectly possible. See my setup from last saturday.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28255

I use a laptop to display pictures, primarily because I have not found a screen/tv that can do a USB photo show, although what you are suggesting would be neater and less setup time.

My screen is a 23" which was about £109 from ebuyer about 10 months ago. Prices for bigger screens have dropped since then so i would be looking at a 24" or above right now if i was going to replace.

Thanks for that. Your set up looks good. It sits well in the middle, my concern was that it would sit too low and obscure the DJ.

In a basic form if I were to just put a dvd disc with photo's on, it would run as a slide show?

WWDJ
04-09-2010, 09:45 AM
A DVD show would work fine of course except you can't make any last minute changes (but i've never been asked to)

To give you a height indication, my stand is an Ultimax on the highest setting and i'm 6ft 2', so you can see in the picture there is room to go bigger or even have the stand on a lower settting if there was less ceiling height

MikeW
06-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I just wanted to bump this up.

Does anyone else use a falt screen tv for showing client pictures?

If you don't, would you consider it?

Thanks.

Mike.

SPDJ
17-10-2010, 05:15 PM
I do not. But I have thought about it and then advertising it as an additional extra. How would you actually fit it to a crossbar/truss or a t-bar stand though?

Tonsk
17-10-2010, 09:12 PM
I do do it, using a couple of monitors I bought from someone on this very forum.. Very effective, and I think I may buy a couple of bigger ones instead.

I have an ultimax stand and the dual bar and have a normal clamp from Ultimax on it, with two bolts drilled through to attach the ordinary VESA mount onto it.

A friend of mine has the tilt version, but I just got the ordinary one..

I don't charge more for it as it's a good selling point that not all of my competition has..

MikeW
17-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I do not. But I have thought about it and then advertising it as an additional extra. How would you actually fit it to a crossbar/truss or a t-bar stand though?

http://www.elvets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/elvets/images/tft-lcd-monitor-universal-pole-bracket-mount-with-tilt-swivel-1542-p.jpg

I used one of the above (hope it has copied ok) to attach a flat screen tv to a t-bar stand (without the bar!)

Booche
17-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I use a monitor that i got off Martin (Vectis) and they already had the bracket on them lol i just attach a 50mm G clamp to the back at it sits perect on my single bar, i also run it linked to a laptop to show visuals (also off Martin) lol and show my logo etc aswell, i also find if you run it linked to a laptop then you can do such things like music vids, slideshows, animations etc etc

Cheers Dave :)

MikeW
17-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I use a monitor that i got off Martin (Vectis) and they already had the bracket on them lol i just attach a 50mm G clamp to the back at it sits perect on my single bar, i also run it linked to a laptop to show visuals (also off Martin) lol and show my logo etc aswell, i also find if you run it linked to a laptop then you can do such things like music vids, slideshows, animations etc etc

Cheers Dave :)

Thanks for the info Dave. I am running mine via a usb stick straight into the lcd tv. I am able to show my logo plus photographs and any messages. The only thing I can't do is add new messages on the night. Once I see what the response is to it, I will run via laptop.