PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used one of these mixers?

simon1969
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Hello there just wondered if anyone knows if this mixer is any good?
Was going to invest for doing karaoke as mine isnt too hot for effects.
BEHRINGER DJX750 5 CHANNEL PROFESSIONAL MIXER
Thanks Simon :)

Excalibur
04-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Hello there just wondered if anyone knows if this mixer is any good?
Was going to invest for doing karaoke as mine isnt too hot for effects.
BEHRINGER DJX750 5 CHANNEL PROFESSIONAL MIXER
Thanks Simon :)

Don't know about this one, but perceived wisdom is the Berry DJ mixers are not great, shall we say. ;) However, the bigger FOH jobbies are fine. Get one with the FX suffix ( Effects ) I've got a powered one, and you use it, and feed the DJ output from yourmixer into a spare channel. Use thge mic channels on the FX mixer, and away you go. No probs.

simon1969
04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Don't know about this one, but perceived wisdom is the Berry DJ mixers are not great, shall we say. ;) However, the bigger FOH jobbies are fine. Get one with the FX suffix ( Effects ) I've got a powered one, and you use it, and feed the DJ output from yourmixer into a spare channel. Use thge mic channels on the FX mixer, and away you go. No probs.

O.K thank you do you know the model number please ?

Jiggles
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_x1222_usb.htm

Excalibur
04-09-2010, 09:41 PM
O.K thank you do you know the model number please ?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_xenyx_x1222_usb.htm

Callum has kindly done so, ta mate. Bigger ones are available for the power crazed amongst us. ;) :D :D

simon1969
04-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Callum has kindly done so, ta mate. Bigger ones are available for the power crazed amongst us. ;) :D :D

Thank you both!!
It says usb I presume it doesn't have to be used with a computer?

Excalibur
04-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Thank you both!!
It says usb I presume it doesn't have to be used with a computer?

Oops, should read closer.:o USB means you can feed a lappy into it without an extra soundcard. Dunnno if that one has FX. This one does.

http://www.dv247.com/mixers/behringer-xenyx-1222fx-premium-mixer--31550

simon1969
04-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Oops, should read closer.:o USB means you can feed a lappy into it without an extra soundcard. Dunnno if that one has FX. This one does.

OOHHH that's nice, thank you not a bad price either!!!
:) :)

Jiggles
04-09-2010, 11:41 PM
USB means it comes with a USB sound card/ build in one. :) The one from Thomann has the build in FX. I have the Eurorack UB1832FX-PRO.

Booche
05-09-2010, 12:27 AM

Thats the one i used to have and im glad to say its an amazing mixer, i shall be going back to one of them once funds are available as the model i have is the behringer-eurorack-ub2442fx-pro model but has too much for what i need :(

Cheers Dave :)

Excalibur
05-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Thats the one i used to have and im glad to say its an amazing mixer, i shall be going back to one of them once funds are available as the model i have is the behringer-eurorack-ub2442fx-pro model but has too much for what i need :(

Excalibur, he say " No piece of kit ever has too much" when it's a mixer. ;) I've nearly filled this one on occasion. ( mind you, I'd have to admit, I still don't know what some of the bits do?) :confused: :o :o

Shakermaker Promotions
05-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Personally, I would stay away from the Behringer DJ Mixers. Maybe they have got their act together now but about 4 years ago I purchased a Behringer DJX700. It looked like a Pioneer DJM copy and for the price I thought I would give it a go. It felt light, cheap and flimsy and felt like if you gave it some welly it would fall apart. The knobs nearly came off and the crossfader was very loose too. I used it twice, didn't like it and chucked it on Ebay and got my money back. It looked the part but didn't deliver (for me anyway).

This DJX750 looks like either a new version or the next model up.

The thing is, I have a Behringer Xenyx FX mixer for Karaoke's and it does what I want it to do perfectly. I have no problems with it at all.

Excalibur
05-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Personally, I would stay away from the Behringer DJ Mixers. .
Like I said, this seems to be the widely accepted view. ;)

The thing is, I have a Behringer Xenyx FX mixer for Karaoke's and it does what I want it to do perfectly. I have no problems with it at all.

As does this. Why the difference, I'm baffled, but any of the bigger FOH mixers have good reviews. Many satisfied users on here. Paul ( Spirits High ) is another one I can recall.

simon1969
05-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Personally, I would stay away from the Behringer DJ Mixers. Maybe they have got their act together now but about 4 years ago I purchased a Behringer DJX700. It looked like a Pioneer DJM copy and for the price I thought I would give it a go. It felt light, cheap and flimsy and felt like if you gave it some welly it would fall apart. The knobs nearly came off and the crossfader was very loose too. I used it twice, didn't like it and chucked it on Ebay and got my money back. It looked the part but didn't deliver (for me anyway).

This DJX750 looks like either a new version or the next model up.

Yeah only want it for karaoke because my kam karaoke (alledge karaoke mixer isnt very versatile) yes I know it's KAM before anyone says anything but when I bought gear I didnt know anything!!

Shakermaker Promotions
05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I'd say that if you're only using it for karaoke then firstly it's fine but also, the one you have mentioned is probably far too much. Have a look at the Xenyx range.

Excalibur
05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah only want it for karaoke because my kam karaoke (alledge karaoke mixer isnt very versatile) yes I know it's KAM before anyone says anything but when I bought gear I didnt know anything!!

Don't sweat it mate. I bought a KAM1500 to replace an ailing Gemini mixer. It had every facility on it I needed, it was versatile, and nice to use. Sadly, the build quality was :Censored: You live and learn.

simon1969
05-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Don't sweat it mate. I bought a KAM1500 to replace an ailing Gemini mixer. It had every facility on it I needed, it was versatile, and nice to use. Sadly, the build quality was :Censored: You live and learn.

Thats what ive got same make but with twin cd decks and in a flight case!!

Booche
05-09-2010, 11:34 PM
I've got a Kam pro 500 which i love to bits its got everything i need and (touch wood) its never let me down yet, yes its not got individual eq's but end of the day id dont get alot of karaoke so i dont need to worry that much about altering reverb etc also it's not bulky or anything an ideal mixer to put into a case and be happy with :)

cosmicdiscos
06-09-2010, 12:22 PM
i bought a behringer VMX1000 a couple of years ago, it seemed very flimsy and sound was poor, sent it back to the shop and got a refund. bought a Xenyx 1222FX and never looked back, superb quality and that little 'surround sound' knob works wonders.

Booche
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
i bought a behringer VMX1000 a couple of years ago, it seemed very flimsy and sound was poor, sent it back to the shop and got a refund. bought a Xenyx 1222FX and never looked back, superb quality and that little 'surround sound' knob works wonders.

I see alot of people LIKE the Xenyx 1222FX i just wish i still had mine to be honest it did everything and more :)

simon1969
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
So a mixed bag of positives and negatives, thanks for everyones comments very helpful !! :beer1: :beer1:
I'll keep you posted!!!