PDA

View Full Version : New Controllers

funkymook
10-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been looking at controllers (like Hercules RMX, Numark Total Control etc) -searched on here, read loads of reviews on a different forums, but still can't work out what I need.

I'll be using an HD2500 (as back-up), DNX050 mixer and a 00DJ Mk111 running PCDJ Red Mobile as my main playout.

I think I'd like the HD2500 and DNX050 to be completely seperate from, as in not sharing the same mixer, as the 00DJ - so I don't have a single point of failure - so would need a combined mixer/controller for the 00DJ - what would you recommend?

Or am I being to cautious, and have both sources through the DNX050 and have a small back-up mixer just in case? If so, then what controller would you recommend (obviously the mixer function not required).

I'd like whatever option to be fairly compact, either rack mounted or desk top, and good quality. My budget is up to £400 (but less is better).

Would like to buy fairly soon, or are there new products coming out soon that would be worth waiting for? (Maybe a trip to BPM would be worthwhile?)