PDA

View Full Version : What's the dirtiest disco you've ever done?

Denty
26-07-2006, 09:46 AM
For me it was at the London Dungeons-brilliant venue but filthy dirty- seem to remember I'd just been sent the Saturday Night Fever promo pack including white t-shirts. Ran and re-ran various lighting cables along the floors that were damp and muddy, rubbed up against the walls when setting up the t-stands, consequently the t-shirts ended up looking like jungle cammo-shirts!

Have a disco
26-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Think mine must have been an under stage party many moons ago down the london west end for a end of production theatre show. Mousetrap I believe before it went and toured the UK Never have I worked in such a dusty enviroment everything Including me was covered in dust or spray cobwebs and yes the theme was Halloween Night was Par Excellence.. Just Greatful it wasn't my gear

soundtracker
26-07-2006, 11:23 AM
A Polytunnel on a fruit farm for 200 Eastern European Fruit Pickers, clouds of dust and searing heat! Some of the women were quite dirty as well!

BeerFunk
26-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Can't say I've had the misfortune that some of you have had, but I usually find the cleaners tend to 'forget' to clean the DJ stage (if you're in a social club) :(

leighinstoke
26-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Cow shed for Cheshire Young Farmers. Cows outside all evening, kept requestin Agamoo!

BeerFunk
26-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Cow shed for Cheshire Young Farmers. Cows outside all evening, kept requestin Agamoo!
:omg:

...please no-one else continue with the cow puns - you know who you are! (Steve and Daz ;))

Corabar Entertainment
26-07-2006, 08:33 PM
The jokes definitely don't get any better around here, do they? :D

Candybeatdiscos
27-07-2006, 12:14 AM
dirtiest for me had to be the page 3 stunners roadshow in kelty social club (what a dive), i wasn't even supposed to be working but got a call at 8.20 and asked to start at 9, the disco originally booked had double booked....but what an unforgetable night...i een met Holly McGuire....gawd what a body she had...it was also natural at that time

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Following on from that - I did a hen party disco for over 200 women when I was younger, and it was dirty....

God, I was scared!

robberbyker
27-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Numerous disused squatted warehouse parties in London and midlands,
ever heard of "Squat Juice'?

dj andy allwood
27-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Can't say I've had the misfortune that some of you have had, but I usually find the cleaners tend to 'forget' to clean the DJ stage (if you're in a social club) :(

i found this to be the case a lot, bloody social clubs beer might be cheap but so is the bleach they do clean up with unless its the same thing? :)

pulsemobiledisco
27-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Dirtiest I've evern done was when I was living in the midlands I done a bonfire night disco for Ibstock Brick. It was on the actual factory floor, brick dust all over the place. My kit was filthy by the end of the night. The cleard an area of the factory floor, set out big stacks of bricks as tables. Scariest thing was the factory was still working, every half hour or so a massive conveyor belt type thing would start up and masive of blocks of bricks would come rolling down as if they had just come out of the oven. Health & Safty would have had a field day of they had seen it!